Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 11/18 Lungerbuster posted a buck for the contest, scored about 12 points. It was killed with a bow, but looks to be during rifle season. It's his second buck prior to the end of rifle season, is why I believe it was during rifle season.

It must be tagged with a rifle tag, so should we score it as an archery kill or a rifle kill. Just want to make sure it is fair for everyone.

·
Retired
9,540 Posts
I'd ask him how he tagged it----It it was an illegal buck then It should not score at all------:cheers:

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
sounds like an illegal kill if he already tagged his rifle buck tag earlier , and if he used a bow tag the agents should be after him already

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
I'd say if he killed it during firearms season and tagged it with a firearms tag, it still counts as an archery kill. It is legal to use archery equipment during firearms season with a firearms tag.

But, if it was illegal then it shouldn't count at all.

And if you need help with the contest, Mike let me know.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His first buck was kill with a bow during bow season, thats why I am assuming this is should have been tagged as a rifle.

Tagged as a rifle....scored as a rifle?

·
Retired
9,540 Posts
Originally posted by MoBowman
His first buck was kill with a bow during bow season, thats why I am assuming this is should have been tagged as a rifle.

Agree-------------:cheers:

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
I am pretty sure he killed it during rifle season with archery tackle. I believe that if it is taken by legal means then award it points for the tackle it was taken with not the tag that was put on it.

A Mature buck with a bow on public ground during rifle season is a feat and a accompishment that IMHO be rewarded not down graded.

Just my $0.02 :cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,708 Posts
Originally posted by MoBowman

Pretty sure last years rules we determined if it was killed with a bow, it was to be scored as a bowkill, no matter the tag used.

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Agree with the last two posts, assuming it was tagged with a rifle tag. If so, sounds like we should score it as archery if that is what was used. I don't like the idea of a one person team winning, but he is a killing machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts