Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK GUYS.....they say that there aren't any dumb questions so this may be the first one. I have never been muzzle loader hunting for deer before so I'm not sure of what tag to use. Is there a muzzle loader tag for deer or do you use your regular Firearm Deer permit? I have other questions to follow this one but I need an answer to this one first.

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK then....I'll set aside my firearms tag for a big buck and use an antlerless tag just for freezer meat....right? Then I can always get more deer with my bow which is one buck and one doe or two does total at end of the season. (one of either sex before gun season and one of the other sex after gun season. And this boils down to a possibility of two bucks (one gun and one bow) and a doe with my bow and as many does I want with the antlerless tags with my rifle. Gee.....now I've totally cornfused myself. I hunt in an area that has limitless bonus tags and no point restrictions if that helps.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Yes MM hold that firearm any deer for a biggun.
Get a bunch of antlerless tags and let er rip.

Far as archery goes your two archery tags are good for buck or doe.

Go and get an anlerless tag to save the others for a buck.

You can actually take two bucks with your bow......so long as at least one is after gun season.

So in MO you can actually take four bucks.

Two by bow

One with firearm

One on a managed hunt.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Keep your Bow or Firearm AnyDeer Tag handy for Mister Big all Season.The Anlerless Tags are only $7 so have extras on Hand.

But as far as Achery Hunting if I wanted for the Freezer either Burn one of your Regular Archery Tags on a Doe,save the other for Mister Big.But if you have Hopes of taking two Bucks with Achery just Buy the Antlerless Tag.

With Firearm save you AnyDeer Firearms Tag for Buck,buy Antlerless Tag,both are good for Antlerless Deer all through Firearms Seasons.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

There that makes sence I think!!:roll2:

oneshot
:D Now the Big Grin is totally :confused:

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is another one.......Since I own land I have a free landowners tag which is for a buck or doe....right? So if I want a bonus tag for a doe I have to buy a bonus tag. Are they the same price as a regular firearms permit that a non-landowner has to buy? They told me last year that since I have a free landowners tag I can't get a bonus tag since I only own 40 acres. I would have to buy an Any Deer tag like everybody else and use that on the second deer. Or can I just ask the clerk for a bonus tag for a doe. Ya follow me?

·
Registered
21,440 Posts
Oneshot is right, the clerk was wrong. Also, there is no limit on the number of antlerless archery tags in all counties except the Southeast part of the state. Better buy some more arrows and broadheads. :D Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.