Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother in law passed away recently(which sucks he was a good guy) he was a quadrapalegic could move his arms, no use of his hands. but anyway do you know of anybody that could use a thompson center contender grip.
its turnkey, straps to your arm, solenoid fired, runs off the power chair batteries witha mouthswitch. made it myself out of billet aluminum.it's pretty nice, i've probably got about 20 hours in it.i'm sure somebody can use it, he'd want that.

dino

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Originally posted by igor
my brother in law passed away recently(which sucks he was a good guy) he was a quadrapalegic could move his arms, no use of his hands. but anyway do you know of anybody that could use a thompson center contender grip.
its turnkey, straps to your arm, solenoid fired, runs off the power chair batteries witha mouthswitch. made it myself out of billet aluminum.it's pretty nice, i've probably got about 20 hours in it.i'm sure somebody can use it, he'd want that.

dino
Hello again. I met you at Kinders machine shop last week. Thanks for bringing this out for someone to take advantage of.

:cheers::cheers:

·
19,583 Posts

...do you know of anybody that could use a thompson center contender grip.

i'm sure somebody can use it, he'd want that.
Hey, Dino...

That's amazing ~ I was just talking to my wife about the same thing, the other day; that if anything ever happened to me, make sure somebody that can use it, gets my "stuff".

I'll get back with you, ASAP

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any luck chairman? the grip replaces the original one with no modifications
to the firearm. u2u me for my e- mail, it might take a while to find someone who coud use it. henry you have me at a disadvantage were you the guy looking for
a shop to make a wheelchair gunrest?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Igor - If you found someone who needs it great but if not please let me know. I shoot an Encore but with my ms, I'm down to about 40% use of one arm and diddly with the other. Might be perfect! Thanks.
Don

dino

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm in WI and yes, it's a TC Encore so I'm not sure if they changed it when they went to the Encore. I like the stock on that one for my one handed shooting and I've got a rest on my chair to help hold it up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Igor

I'll ask around next week. My barber is a big collector of both encores and contenders and will be back on Tuesday. What part exactly is it so I can decribe it better to him. Even better yet, if you have a picture you could email me at [email protected]. Thanks so much.

Don

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
don.. nice rig, nice setup and nice buck there! Thanks for sharing the pic!:eek:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh yeah dchriste it is the pistol grip, if you took the pistol grip off of
a contender (has a bolt going throgh the bottom) it replaces the
original grip. it strapped to his arm via a pice of 1/8 / 3/4 aluminum
strap.what we were after when i made this was to make it possible
for him to fire a weapon (no hand use) and it worked.eventually he
layed the contender rig to rest because of reloading problems
(1 shot) and bought a ruger deerfield carbine in .44 mag.that helped
him immensly, he got one first time out with it.he was my friend i
miss him alot.hope someone can benifit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.