Question about tonights hunt

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by seth_turner_04, Nov 9, 2010.

1. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Dad shot a hot doe this morning. When he went to find her, there were two bucks bedded near the body. One was a spike and the other was a big one we been trying to arrow.

Has anybody ever hunted a gut pile of an estrous doe? Just curious if this would be drawing bucks in to the area all day long. Maybe I'm way out in left field on this one, but it has me curious.

2. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Never thought about it seth.

3. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    I'd be there! At least close if she was in fact hot they'll do stupid things. You can be the first to try it and report back to us Seth!

4. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Maybe not the guts, but the other stuff :whistle:would probably draw them in

5. seth_turner_04

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Heck I might try it. Might be a waste of time but I am still off all week so why not. :D

6. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    Keep her bladder and back legs , had a uncle who shot a hot doe and Hung her back legs from a tree had several bucks come by

7. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    You should have collected her urine! It dont get any better than that!

8. seth_turner_04

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Dad said that her urine sack was either empty or he accidently popped it while gutting her. He wanted to keep it.

9. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    That will happen! Too bad she couldnt have been full for you! Inconsiderate doe!

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Might be any number of other critters happen by that gutpile too. :D

11. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    [rquote=1887691&tid=131507&author=Trad-hunter]You should have collected her urine! It dont get any better than that![/rquote]

I do that every chance I have. We have a ton of deer brought to our house opening weekend and I always try to save a full bladder from a doe that comes in.

You're right...it doesn't get any better than that!

12. 10pointer

10pointer Senior Member

Nov 10, 2003
    St.Charles CO
    I would definitely be hunting over it, I bet it will bring em in.

And for people who are worried that a gutpile will ruin an area......i dont think it bothers deer one bit!!! I have seen a whole lot of deer come up to a gutpile to investigate and poke around it. Actually most of the time Ive hunted near a gutpile they go to it. :cheers: