Question about Tomatoe Plants

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Reflex, May 22, 2009.

1. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    My tomatoe plants are a little water logged. They have turned a little yellow. What can I do to bring them out of this??

Maybe some fertilizer?

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    toss out some stay dry :D

3. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

I don't know what stay dry is, but if it's like Turface or kitty litter (calcined clay), it works great!
    Reb, are you a mater man, too? Man of many talents:cheers:
    Do NOT fertilize plants weakened by soggy soil, BTW.

4. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    NO ! no fertilizer(they are stressed)....just lay off the water, they'll green back up

5. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

flame thrower or torch....

6. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Ya just let em dry out, are they potted

7. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    [rquote=1272101&tid=89063&author=fishshooter]Ya just let em dry out, are they potted [/rquote]

They be in the ground. Gonna till the rest of the garden tomorrow and plant everything else. Just didn't know if there was anything I could do.

8. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1272086&tid=89063&author=UrbanHunter]I don't know what stay dry is, but if it's like Turface or kitty litter (calcined clay), it works great!
    Reb, are you a mater man, too? Man of many talents:cheers:
    Do NOT fertilize plants weakened by soggy soil, BTW.[/rquote]

You could say that.. but yep stay dry, aka turface, kitty litter etc.. an absorbant of some sort will do dany work to dry up the ground a bit

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Would Mrs Rebels hair dryer work?

10. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1272153&tid=89063&author=Reflex][rquote=1272101&tid=89063&author=fishshooter]Ya just let em dry out, are they potted [/rquote]

They be in the ground. Gonna till the rest of the garden tomorrow and plant everything else. Just didn't know if there was anything I could do.[/rquote]

Just tilling would help a little I'd say break up the crust on the soild surface and aerate it, never used the stuff everyone else is talking about.

In the long run some organic matter (mannure) may help more than anything :shrug:

11. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    I think what I will do is till the rest of the garden and plant everything else and see how they look after the weekend. The ground shouldn't be to wet anymore.