Question About Table Rock Lake

Discussion in 'Bass' started by FisherBoy, Mar 30, 2006.

1. FisherBoy

FisherBoy New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Central Missouri
    I'm going with a friend to a private tournament on TableRock Lake next week, and having never been there, I was wondering what the lake looks like, and what kind of fishing conditions I could expect. Is it a deep lake? From what I read, it didn't look like there were many docks...mostly submerged trees and rock. I'm thinking I'll hit it with suspending crankbaits, jigs, and carolina rigs. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Fisherboy

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Deep aint the word....

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    where is the starting point?? there are docks all over the lake. if it were me i would think about stick baits in the tree tops, clown was my favorite color.

4. FisherBoy

FisherBoy New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Central Missouri
    The tournament is out of Kimberling Inn off Hwy 13. Never having been down there, I'm just assuming they're right on the water. Thanks for any info!

FisherBoy

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    there is more docks in that area then ticks on a hound dog. i would go down into the james river arm. you'll have a good time

6. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    You will drive right by my place on your way to KC-------There is some very deep water on TR but what you will need to be fishing will be or should be some what shallow. I'd head for James River and to point 15 to start----there is a lot of the lake that is bank right now so if you dont know the water---pick up a map. Its going to be a very long boat ride unless your running a 200 or 225 to make the trip from KC over to Bridgeport!:cheers:

7. FisherBoy

FisherBoy New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Central Missouri
    I doubt I'll be making any real long trecks on the lake. I only have a 40hp motor, and was more less trying to get an idea for what the lake looked like in that area. The tourny is a private company tourny, and we had a really good time fishing it last year at Truman Lake. The map is a good suggestion though. I heard the lake was tough to navigate because of all the submerged trees. Is that the case around Kimberling Inn too? Sounds like flipping jigs around the docks might be something worth trying in that area. Thanks for all the input!

FisherBoy

8. Chinook84

Chinook84 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    I'm in a tournament there next week. I've fished Kimberling area a lot. There are lots of submerged trees. Basically, there are trees everywhere, but stay away from the shore line and you can wide open as its a very deep lake. I have a 40hp too and can't or won't run to the James River arm (fishing is better there).
    Tons of docks around the area. I've heard the lake is down right now, so not sure where the bass will be at, but trees and docks are always a good bet.

Don't worry too much about the trees, trying to figure out how to explain it. You'll see some bluff areas, right against the bluffs, maybe few trees. If you are trying to run to an area open, then just stay towards the middle and tree tops won't be an issue. When I'm running the shore line with the trolling motor, I've been known to knock into a few. I have an old.......forgot the brand of trolling motor, poor thing has been buried in rock, mud, smacked into trees, and it keeps going.

Good luck on the tournament! We will be at the Kimberling Inn also!

9. fishermen

fishermen New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    plasticman a ? for you, where is the best spot to catch bass at mark twain, thomas hill, the river and rothwell park? i go to thomas hill, long branch, rudoph bennet, river and mark twain and have done real well for crappie but only been to rothwell once or twice at hte most.

10. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002

Sorry----I have never fished any of that water. If you need any help with Pomme or the Rock--thoese are where I have spent most all of my time on the water in the past 15 to 20 years!:cheers:

11. Chinook84

Chinook84 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Well start talking Plasticman! We have a place in Hollister, so the Table Rock state park area and the dam is where we normally put the boat in. The boat is small.....45 HP motor, so won't be running too far. I've started doing better and better with the fishing there, but could still use lots of tips!