Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what is the absolute minimum needed to make a couple of small food plots? Equipment and seed types would be helpful.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I would say clover. Bare ground and a hand seader......

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
[rquote=1598918&tid=110888&author=centralMOhntr]I would say clover. Bare ground and a hand seader......[/rquote]

seeder,sprayer and a mower would all be needed for clover. bare ground is not needed so much. spray exsisting weeds and spread seed.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
one match and some seed and done. while the ground is freezinig and thawing.....mine is easier scott:D J/K.... either way

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
[rquote=1598954&tid=110888&author=centralMOhntr]one match and some seed and done. while the ground is freezinig and thawing.....mine is easier scott:D J/K.... either way[/rquote]

very true but weeds will come back and most likely take over unless mowed or sprayed:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
very true....at least we can agree on clover:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is wheat good? We don't have alot of land, ATV, or tractor. We are just trying to keep the deer around durring daylight hours. We have lots of oaks though.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
A sprayer and herbicide use would be a great tool to invest in. A great weather Rolex would be another.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
with wheat you are probably goin to want to disturb the ground for best results ie.disc. But you could proabably get away with doing like scott said with the clover. Spray, spread seed, and mow the weeds to cover the seed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.