Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question,They have so many fake things out now to make your odds better for deer hunting.Like deer pee,buck bomb,Acorn cracker or what ever that new thing is.Any way this is my question,If you have a corn pile cleaned up 10 days prior to season,If someone came up with a fake plastic corn reproduction can you put a pile of that out say the day before season and hunt over it?:stirpot:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Anything with grain or things like apples cannot be used. I dont really know but I dont think it would be worth arguing with the game warden about. Its legal to use salt and mineral blocks like Deer Cane though as long as they dont have food additives.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Just dump all the candy corn left over from halloween in a pile. It ain't grain and you could fill up your pockets on the way to the stand for a snack. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
BTW welcome to MWT viper. :wave:

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've never understood why it's legal in some states and illegal in others. Food plots are legal but shell corn isn't. You wouldn't go fishing without bait, why can't you use it to hunt? :scared:

·
Registered
587 Posts
[rquote=1488850&tid=103998&author=leemozoid]I've never understood why it's legal in some states and illegal in others. Food plots are legal but shell corn isn't. You wouldn't go fishing without bait, why can't you use it to hunt? :scared:[/rquote]

Because in some states, without the aid of bait, the harvest percentage may fall to about 1%.

There is no need for bait in Missouri.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If I`m done hunting until after the 1st of the year, as I have work to get caught up on, and the holidays I can bait right now on private property right? I don`t plan on hunting, until after the 1st of the year, so if I have the bait gone by Dec 21st I`m still legal?

I ask, because I want to hang a cam in one particular area to see if a certain buck made it or not.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
[rquote=1489084&tid=103998&author=bowrookie]If I`m done hunting until after the 1st of the year, as I have work to get caught up on, and the holidays I can bait right now on private property right? I don`t plan on hunting, until after the 1st of the year, so if I have the bait gone by Dec 21st I`m still legal?

I ask, because I want to hang a cam in one particular area to see if a certain buck made it or not.[/rquote]

I think the regs read that you are in violation of baiting laws if you cause someone else to be in violation. If you put out bait that someone else isn't aware of and they are hunting close enough to it to be ticketed,,then so can you. In most cases this might not occur,,but its something to consider if you were planning on placing bait close to a property line.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Why take a chance ? Why not hang your cam on a travel route , or a scrape that may become active again ? I have gotten pictures well into Dec. over scrapes when a trickle rut occurs .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts