Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
When it starts wearing down to where its not holding your arrow correctly, or it starts effecting the flight of your arrow in ways other than normal wear will do.

If you shoot a lot, you're going to have to adjust your up and down on your sights here and there.

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Originally posted by netsomnia2
How often should I change the whiskers?
my answer is just as soon as you buy the biscuit, change
it to dropaway lol

MHO of course. I am a recovering WB shooter and love my
trophy taker dropaway.

·
27,514 Posts
I guess if the accuracy has changed then you should change the biscuit.

I have had my WB for 3 years and have not had to change it. It is the older modle. The B2 biscuit came out later in the year after I bought mine. My bow shoots just the same now as it did when I put the rest on. I have shot 3D tournements, weekly leagues and shot weekly in my back yard. So I have put a lot of shots through it with no change in accuracy.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
ok watch this back peddeling
i was a biscut user for years preached that is the only rest there was
well i got a trap door drop away the one that works with out a cable on kinda a trade type deal

holy crap unreall i am shooting better groups and since i have a half way deicent form no problems at all with the arrow coming off the rest

i love it and don't think i will ever go back
heck i gave my biscuit to a friend even didn't even keep it

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've had mine on for 3 years & haven't changed the whiskers yet several arrows have passed threw it. I will soon be changeing it as soon as my new drop away gets in from being back ordered.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Here's why I like the WB...simple

For hunting it's perfect. No I don't shoot 1000 arrows a week, but it's absolutely accurate enough for hunting purposes.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Originally posted by MoBowman
We hang em on the target and try and shoot threw the hole. Isn't that what their for?:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

MoBowman ```---------->
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I've used a biscuit for quite a while and wouldn't trade it for anything. I've never changed the whiskers and haven't had any problems. As far as accuracy, I don't have a need to shoot 2" groups at 50 yards. I practice at 40 yards and am currently shooting 4" groups.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I love my whisker buiscuit and got one for my wife also, I realy doubt that I ever use a different style rest. as far as accuracy if I miss its my fault not my equipments. I blew a chance at a nice buck once while using a 2 prong rest I got nervous as the buck milled around and knocked my arrow off my rest and it proceded to bang agains riser, fall to treestand bottom and then all the way to the ground:banghead:
but now I have to have another excuse for blowing a chance.
GO WHISKER BUISCUIT:banana:

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
I'm new to dropaways but the one I have has a half-moon shaped cradle
just in front if the rest. I would have to cant my bow beyond about a 45degree
angle before I have any falling-off failures.

IMO, drawing on a deer should be a slow, deliberate movement in most cases..

I'm hunting with my drop-away this year..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.