Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is wanting to start bowhunting.:claphands:claphands: She has never hunted before so she has some learnin' to do. She has been practicing and wanted to go out in the woods with me yesterday. I figured it was a good opportunity to explain some things that she might encounter & how to deal with them. My son (7) is all gung ho about hunting and he just "had" to go out with us. Needless to say we sounded like Pattons 3rd army going through the woods. Once we got to where I wanted to set up all the questions started, some good, some not so good:rules:. Didn't see anything resembling a deer but it was a lot fun regardless. It is amazing at how "heavy" a 7 year old's steps are in the woods.:rof2: Did get to do some successful scouting and enjoy a day in the woods with the family.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
:eek:: thats what it's all about :cheers:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
If you think that 7 year old is loud................. I have a 6 year old you can borrow to add to it! He weighs like 47 pounds and sounds like a bull moose going into the stand!!! LOL He likes to go and we have seen deer, they must think moose are native to Texas is all I can figure!!!

I love those days in the woods deer or no deer. They are good quality time and great for learning!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I`ve wondered about that "heavy" with my 10y.o. I think us guys just learn to become "lighter". Every time I go in the woods I try to make less noise than the previous time. If he`s passionate about it, it`ll come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.