·
Registered
14,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you define as a Quality Deer?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
one that walks by my stand while I'm in it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A mature deer, ready to be taken. I dont really like taking young ones that still have a big life in front of them and could have potential. But they all taste good:D

=*=ViperSniper=*=

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
[rquote=1494048&tid=104332&author=Viper Sniper] A mature deer, ready to be taken. I dont really like taking young ones that still have a big life in front of them and could have potential. But they all taste good:D

=*=ViperSniper=*=[/rquote]

i dont believe any deer is "ready" to be shot:hysterical:

·
Registered
18,567 Posts
I define a quailty buck as anything 4.5 or older. After all, that deer has made it through 4 gun season as it is and that is something right there. :D

A quality doe is the first one that gives me a shot.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
[rquote=1494050&tid=104332&author=Jeremy][rquote=1494048&tid=104332&author=Viper Sniper] A mature deer, ready to be taken. I dont really like taking young ones that still have a big life in front of them and could have potential. But they all taste good:D

=*=ViperSniper=*=[/rquote]

i dont believe any deer is "ready" to be shot:hysterical:[/rquote]

a suicidal one may be "ready"

·
Registered
270 Posts
Any deer that a hunter would be happy in harvesting is a quality deer. Myself, it is a 4.5+ year old buck or a big, fat mature doe.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,037 Posts
[rquote=1494039&tid=104332&author=DADAKOTA]What do you define as a Quality Deer?[/rquote]

Ever notice where QDMA originated? They got their foothold in some of the poorest parts of the country, as far as quality deer hunting goes. Last I looked, MO ranked pretty high as far as quality deer hunting goes. Doesn't seem like real good math to me.:thinking:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
[rquote=1494055&tid=104332&author=DanF]A quality buck is bigger than the last one I shot...

any doe is good...[/rquote]

:2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
I define it as putting doe meat in my freezer and shooting a buck that is bigger than I have on the wall now. However I am more concerned with the buck being mature.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Your trigger finger...you decide.

Mine is a mature doe or mature buck. 3.5 years old is mature enuf for me. I have held out for 4.5 but I am too greedy of a hunter not to pull the trigger on a good 3.5.

2.5 year olds can equate to a quality deer for lots of people.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
One that puts a smile on my face when the trigger is pulled and I see the animal pile up. :wave:

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
A healthy deer that is part of a healthy herd.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts