QDMA Banquet

Discussion in 'Missouri Outdoor News' started by Maddux, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    A group of guys and myself have started a QDMA chapter in SW MO. Dr. Grant Woods will be speaking about CWD. The banquet is at the the Market 116 event venue in Buffalo, MO on Sept 16th. Giving away guns, along with raffles, and auction. Dinner and a years subscription/membership to QDMA is all part of the ticket . Cost is $45 or $60 for a couple. Should be a good time. You can call me at 417-268-8277 or send a message on here if you would like more details.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    gurgalunas and rat like this.
  2. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    Kids are free and have a separate gun raffle.

3. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    Sorry I forgot the days in the original thread. It is Sept. 16th. Lots of items being given away, raffled and auctioned. Guns, knives, crossbow, pictures, ect. Dr. Woods will be there at 5 to talk to people before we start the banquet. Then we will eat and he will give his talk on CWD. Should be a really good event. We are trying to raise money to maybe purchase equipment for the members to use and do some training and events for kids in the future. If you has a group that wanted to do an 8 person table it is higher but there is a separate gun drawing for that table. Our table is getting a tc venture 270 wsm. You can pick the caliber.

4. Ultimate Predator

Ultimate Predator Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Nixa, MO
    Do you purchase tickets in advance or at the door?

5. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    If I bring Pink could ya'll make her a Vegan dinner ?

6. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    Either way but I'm trying to get as many as I can sold ahead of time so we don't have too big a line getting in. I'd be happy to meet up with you. I drive all over down here.

7. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    I'm pretty sure everyone will be glad I'm not the chef. I think we can figure something out. The new coffee shop has some vegan meals I think and I'm sure I can get them to bring some over.

8. Sully

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Well Maddux as of right now Pink and I are planning to attend providing the youngest doesn't come up with some school function that supersedes

9. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    Good deal man, it should be a good time!

10. Bloodtrail 1

Bloodtrail 1 Grand PooBah

Dec 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Very nice!!
    I'm really glad to see you guys getting a branch started in SWMO!!
    Looks like your off to a good start with getting Dr Grant Woods there as a speaker.
    Good Luck on a successful banquet and many new members added.

Maddux likes this.
  11. Ultimate Predator

Ultimate Predator Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Nixa, MO
    Looks like the wife and I will be attending as well. We can either try to meet up before hand or just purchase tickets at the door.

12. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    Good deal. I'll have tickets in Buffalo all week and can meet you somewhere if you are going to be halfway close. My number is 417-268-8277. Just call or text.

13. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    This thing is this Saturday. Going to have a few MWT'ers there which is awesome!

14. Sully

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Banquet was very nice ! LOTS of people , good talk by Dr Woods , well run .

Special Thanks To Maddux who tried so very hard to accommodate my Vegan wife ... Don't feel bad my brother I too had to go through advanced "Vegan is not the same as Vegetarian " Pink was very appreciative of your effort and made a point of making sure I thanked you !

Sat with Ultimate Predator and his wife , always nice to put a face to user name , great people !

15. Ultimate Predator

Ultimate Predator Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Nixa, MO
    Agree Sully! Nice to meet you and Pink.

Great crowd and very informative presentation by Dr Woods.

New QDMA chapter appears to be off to a good start!

16. Maddux

Maddux It's Da Debil

Aug 27, 2009
    Dallas County
    Thank you guys, I hope you had a good time. Sorry we got started late. We had a mix up I guess on the amount of seating that was going to be set up. We were suppose to have 150 set up and it was closer to 100. I was glad that was the only hiccup for a bunch of rookie organizers.

My thoughts were the raffle tickets were too high. I'd like to find a away to involve more people. I would like to hear anything you all would like to see done different, it's kind of hard to get people to tell you things that need to be different.

Thanks again for making the trip over!

17. Sully

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Only thing I would suggest for the next one is maybe a larger venue ... I'm a roamer , I like to be able to move around and meet people . The room was a bit small for doing that , felt a little cramped

Maddux likes this.