Put on your harnesses!

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by dompeters84, Oct 29, 2010.

1. dompeters84

dompeters84 New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Hey guys. I had a family friend fall from his stand this week. He was around 20 feet up in a hanging stand when the strap broke. He fell and broke his back in several places. He is lucky to be alive and even more lucky he is not paralized. Please pray for him he has a hard road ahead of him. He is still in high school and will prob have a lifetime of back pain. I know it's a pain but Please where a harness. Thanks for the prayers!

2. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Gasconade County
    Prayers from here. I fell asleep in a stand last year, which is SO hard not to do if you aren't seeing anything, and fell outta the stand and I thanked God very much that night for the safety harness I had on. It's not really a pleasant feeling either in that millisecond as your falling praying the tether doesn't break and then, wham, you hit the end of it. :eek: Always, always wear those harnesses. Not really a pain to put them on either, only takes a couple minutes to put it on and take it off after the hunt.:wave:

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I don't trust the harnesses you get with a stand. If my Miller didn't have so many D rings on it, I'd wear it. Had to have it in construction. They save countless lives. A lot of kids like to see Daddy come home, that's why I wear mine.

4. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    I won't go up a tree with out mine not worth it.

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    PRAYERS FOR THE YOUNG MAN. AND YES, THOSE ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO PUT ON AND A LOT LESS HASSLE THAN A HOSPITAL!

6. carbonslinger

carbonslinger New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    bethany,mo
    thats to bad.always go up with a harness

7. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    prayers up to the Man for him.

8. TrackerCasey

TrackerCasey Active Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Mid-Michigan
    FYI to the bigger guys like me...HSS has a system Rated to 400 pounds now only available on their website

9. Pinetopper

Pinetopper New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    He will be in my prayers. Got my first harness this year & now I wouldn't consider gettin in a stand without it. Very sad for that young man.