Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent a little time working on laminating this thing together, and coming up with the right glue. I've done a little research, and came up with some good glue. Looks like it worked PERFECT.

I tried to get it to be 50/50 on the end, but it ended up being about 90/10 purpleheart. Its closer to 50/50 on the bell.

The thing just SCREAMS on a aluminum call.

I'm going to be making some more like this with some different woods. I really like how this one turned out. I think I'll try a dark and a light colored wood next time.

Parker

Attachments

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
Parker I think you have a few of those on order already don't ya???
:hysterical: I've still got to quit playing around and get more dymondwood strikers made for the people that are eating them! :D

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YES!!! I got it before season even!!! Now I am gonna start investing in a few more strikers! Need snacks in the field ya know!
(cfraz.....don't let hannibal bluff ya, he eats 'em too!)

I got that call to you in great time! :D Its not the one we used to hunt with, but it was a sister....out of the same board.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Hannibal
eating them :neuspeuter:
:bangin: YES! EATING THEM! That's what I call it when you send in an order for 6 of them....and get them....and then ask for two more. (I think you know a little about that kinda thing ;) )

You, hunter7x and Keith are on the VECtor Custom Calls "STRIKE FORCE"! And it sounds like cfraz is putting in an application! :D

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Nicholas
You should get hats made up!
I got some made for my 'Pro Staff' folks last spring (long time hunting buddies). I've been threatening to make some STRIKE FORCE ones too.

The hat says VECtor Custom Calls PRO STAFF.

(sorry for the poor picture, its from a hunting pic from last spring).

Parker

Attachments

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sounds like cfraz is putting in an application! :D

Parker
Am I hired? approved? whatever?
:confused: The jury's still out...... :hysterical:

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's a vision that came to me in my sleep last night! Set the lathe up on an off-set hole for part of the striker! This dude turned out really cool! I wish the picture could show it better.

Parker

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.