PURE MISERY!!!!

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Judah, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Here I am sitting in the urgent care office waving the white flag :whiteflag:
    I seem to have found some poison ivy somewhere while hunting last week :mad2:
    I have it EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!
    between fingers
    face lips nose eyes
    neck chest
    elbow
    and yes the tenders!!!!!!!!!!

MISERABLE!!!!!!!!:whiteflag::mad2:

2. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.

3. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    dang were you nekked out there ?:eek:

used to get it really bad as a kid...i feel for ya buddy :praying::D

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prednisone for you.

5. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    dont let them jip you out of the shot...the shot WORKS the pills not so much. I request the shot, somtimes they are reluctant to give it. But explain the "tenders" area and they will usually give in.:cheers:

Good luck

6. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
  7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sure hope you didn't give it to the Mrs!!!!!:D:wave:

8. yankee

yankee Senior Member

i have never had poision ivy, i have been in it, on it around it, through it, never got it

9. 160983

160983 Guest

I got it early in the season when I didnt see the vine on the backside of the tree when hanging a treestand.

Get the shot and the pills. Good luck as I know it sucks.:eek:

10. lma

lma Active Member

:eek: I feel your pain....well, except for "the tenders". That stuff jumps out at me when I'm near it....I used to be able to walk through it barefoot, roll around in it, etc. Not anymore!

11. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1885366&tid=131345&author=FiremanBrad]Sure hope you didn't give it to the Mrs!!!!!:D:wave:[/rquote]

:whistle:

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I used to get that stuff and doc would put me on Benadryl and Tylenol3. But as luck would have it, I'm allergic to the 3 part! Tylenol by itself was ok. Then he put me on Vicodin. I sat in the chair and watched the minute hand on the clock just whirl right on by. A day might as well have been 10 minutes. I didn't itch tho.

I feel your itch Brother!

13. Ozarks-Bowhunter

Ozarks-Bowhunter Active Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Missouri
    [rquote=1885375&tid=131345&author=yankee]i have never had poision ivy, i have been in it, on it around it, through it, never got it[/rquote]

I'm the same way. I hope i never suddenly become allergic to it.
    Hope they give you something to knock it out.

14. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    I avoid it like the plague!!!!

15. bigbass

bigbass Keep calm and Chive on!

Nov 17, 2009
    Wentzville
    Get the shot.

16. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    i feel your pain i never used to get it but now i get it bad......i usually just tough it out as i heard the cortizone shot is bad for your heart

17. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Judah did the itch go away yet :whistle::stirpot:

18. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

[rquote=1885356&tid=131345&author=MellerAM]dont let them jip you out of the shot...the shot WORKS the pills not so much. I request the shot, somtimes they are reluctant to give it. But explain the "tenders" area and they will usually give in.:cheers:

Good luck[/rquote]
    I'm with him. Were you using a chainsaw in the woods? I had it "go systemic" once... my whole darned body. The shot killed the itch immediately.

19. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1886251&tid=131345&author=Refuze2falo]Judah did the itch go away yet :whistle::stirpot:[/rquote]

MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    I'm sorry John...but I find this flippen funny:rof2: