Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided on a Parker Hunter Mag. This bow fits me well and my pocketbook. I got it at Midwest Archery Outfitters in Overland, MO near the St. Louis Airport.

Eastsiders, if you ever get a chance to stop by this place I strongly encourage that you do. These guys were top notch. They carry Hoyt, Parker, and Martins to a lesser extent. The owner Perry is a topnotch dude, he was a ton of help and did not push me towards somethign that I didnt want or need. Their stock is a little low right now being right after hunting season, but its just a great little hole in the wall store with a range to shoot as well.

Got the bow, 1/2 doz Easton Excel CarbonAeros, Wisker Biscuit, stab, Archer's Choice 3 pin site, peep, dloop, kisser for $540. Plus Parkers warranty and customer service, and 2 hours of range time.

I was stacking arrows with this rig before I left the shop, shot through one of my new fletchings:mad2: less than 30 minutes after getting it set up.

Used some BPS gift certificates to get a new case, quiver, and limb savers.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
sweet its a great feeling to have a new bow

·
Under appreciated
89,769 Posts
I live about 5 miles from this shop. I used to go there before they changed management but havent been back since. Guess I'll have to stop by seeings as I am considering a new Parker also.

·
5,626 Posts
If your new HunterMag is anything like my older one...you'll love it! Congrats!

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been shooting the same bow that I got for my 21st bday, this was a belated 30th bday gift.

I will get lots of use of out it.

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I was kinda fast, I had been eyeing those Hunter Mags for a couple of years. I did a lot of reading on archerytalk.com and they got a lot of good reviews on there. Just can justify paying $650 or even $790 for a Trykon XL and thats bare bow right now. Plus I really don't think that those bows are inherently more accurate, at least not in my hands.

Maybe if I was gonna be shooting 10,000 arrows this year, each and every year but with a slew of young kids this will do just fine. Wish I had a good place to shoot it at home, may have to try and rig something....

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
That is all i shoot is parkers for the time being. in shooting a pheonix 34 right now and really like it. One thing i just wanted to share here is check all the scrws in your cams and make sure they are tight. This is the only problem i have seen on any of there bows. I check mine fairly often and they havent come loose yet but they have all been loose when i got the bows. Just make sure and check all the screw in the cam and the module on it.

chad

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Hey man those Parkers are great bows. Congrats on the new rig.:cheers:

I had a HunterMag and had no complaints.

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rocko, they had to change the mod at the shop to fit my DL, so it shoudl be tight, but I will certainly check it....Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
No problem bud. Just make sure and check every screw in that cam. My pheonix and the ultra lite 31 i had before it both had screws loose in the cam and draw module when i got them. I tightened them up and they never came loose again.

chad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts