Pulled the trigger on a new rig

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Gutpile, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Decided on a Parker Hunter Mag. This bow fits me well and my pocketbook. I got it at Midwest Archery Outfitters in Overland, MO near the St. Louis Airport.

Eastsiders, if you ever get a chance to stop by this place I strongly encourage that you do. These guys were top notch. They carry Hoyt, Parker, and Martins to a lesser extent. The owner Perry is a topnotch dude, he was a ton of help and did not push me towards somethign that I didnt want or need. Their stock is a little low right now being right after hunting season, but its just a great little hole in the wall store with a range to shoot as well.

Got the bow, 1/2 doz Easton Excel CarbonAeros, Wisker Biscuit, stab, Archer's Choice 3 pin site, peep, dloop, kisser for $540. Plus Parkers warranty and customer service, and 2 hours of range time.

I was stacking arrows with this rig before I left the shop, shot through one of my new fletchings:mad2: less than 30 minutes after getting it set up.

Used some BPS gift certificates to get a new case, quiver, and limb savers.

2. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    :eek::eek::eek:

MoBowman ```----------->

3. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Awsome! New tools! Feels great don't it? :eek:

4. ArrowJumper

ArrowJumper New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    St. Elizabeth, MO
    Always exciting to get a new bow. Congrats:eek:

5. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    sweet its a great feeling to have a new bow

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I live about 5 miles from this shop. I used to go there before they changed management but havent been back since. Guess I'll have to stop by seeings as I am considering a new Parker also.

8. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    If your new HunterMag is anything like my older one...you'll love it! Congrats!

9. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    I have been shooting the same bow that I got for my 21st bday, this was a belated 30th bday gift.

I will get lots of use of out it.

10. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Yeah, I was kinda fast, I had been eyeing those Hunter Mags for a couple of years. I did a lot of reading on archerytalk.com and they got a lot of good reviews on there. Just can justify paying $650 or even $790 for a Trykon XL and thats bare bow right now. Plus I really don't think that those bows are inherently more accurate, at least not in my hands.

Maybe if I was gonna be shooting 10,000 arrows this year, each and every year but with a slew of young kids this will do just fine. Wish I had a good place to shoot it at home, may have to try and rig something....

11. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  12. That is all i shoot is parkers for the time being. in shooting a pheonix 34 right now and really like it. One thing i just wanted to share here is check all the scrws in your cams and make sure they are tight. This is the only problem i have seen on any of there bows. I check mine fairly often and they havent come loose yet but they have all been loose when i got the bows. Just make sure and check all the screw in the cam and the module on it.

chad

13. Hey man those Parkers are great bows. Congrats on the new rig.:cheers:

I had a HunterMag and had no complaints.

14. Gutpile

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Rocko, they had to change the mod at the shop to fit my DL, so it shoudl be tight, but I will certainly check it....Thanks for the heads up

15. No problem bud. Just make sure and check every screw in that cam. My pheonix and the ultra lite 31 i had before it both had screws loose in the cam and draw module when i got them. I tightened them up and they never came loose again.

chad