Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Quack
5,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Puerto Vallarta the last week of September / First week of October.

Never been, nore have i fished in that part of the gulf.

Anyone ever been down there? Know of any charters?

From what I've read its a pretty hot time for fishing

· Don't mind me
10,379 Posts
Mike's charters sold us a pipe dream. Lots of bait and switch throughout the process.
Most fun fishing we had was going out and catching some bonita and little yellow fins on a $100-150 deal we negotiated on our beach and swam out to a boat for a couple hours.
Throwing spoon type lures at them busting bait on top.

· Registered
961 Posts
That’s the pacific. Will be very hot. Just like anywhere in Mexico just stay street smart. I’d recommend using a reputable guide. I travel a lot and Mexico, Honduras, and the US Virgin Islands are some of the sketchiest places I’ve been to in the Caribbean/ gulf.

· Registered
961 Posts
Been to several places in Mexico. All pretty much the same around ports and tourist areas lol. Never fished there. If it is a vacation I would suggest Turks and Caicos, Aruba, or the British Virgin Islands. If you can imagine your best tropical paradise and multiply that by 10 it would almost compare. What takes you to Mexico if you don’t mind me asking.

· Registered
961 Posts
Lol. I went there in May. Always enjoyed the DR. I only didn’t recommend it bc of the hype. Beautiful landscape and some very nice hard working ppl who will make you grateful to have what you have. I wish all this wasn’t going on. Especially since I done have a trip planned for la romana and puerto plata for next spring. Hopefully this is figured out before then.

· Quack
5,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.