Public poll regarding all day turkey hunting in Missouri

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by rat, May 15, 2018 at 5:56 PM.

1. In Favor of all day spring turkey hunting in Missouri

41.9%
  2. Not in favor of all day spring turkey hunting in Missouri

58.1%
  1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    this poll is the same as the other except voting will be visible.
    Please vote. I know its duplicative but someone is calling foul because it was anonymous.

2. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    Again I voted in favor but I would like to see it on a 3 to 5 year trial and then re-evaluate. Despite Hawks approach which is pretty blunt and mostly non-persuasive I have read enough of the sources to admit that he MIGHT be right. I don't really buy into the whole turkey flock is decimated doom and gloom that some are preaching either. I have hunted and observed the local flock for 40 some odd years and while it's obvious there aren't as many birds as in the 90's there is still plenty where I live. On any given morning I can hear 7-12 birds gobbling from my ridge. I also saw more hens this year than I have for several years. A little luck and some decent weather and there could be a nice batch of poults around here in a few weeks.

CRE10, Wings Fan 19 and Hawk like this.

3. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Wasn't it public a year or two ago when the same poll got basically 60% against like this one did. That someone is always going to call foul . Lol

20' likes this.
  4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Unfortunately people here are probably not going to vote on this one because they already voted in the other one, which was anonymous.
    We wil see, but this should put to rest the notion that the ballot box is stuffed.

5. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    I've killed a vast majority of birds before 9 and most of those by 8. Much of that is a product of the layout of the ground I hunt and some to do with doing my homework... So I don't need the extra opportunity, but I'm not gonna say others might need or want it
    Again, selfishly I have a healthy population and I don't see why I'd be against it personally. I could sleep in and kill the same birds at 4 or 5 pm that I can kill an hour after their feet hit the ground. I don't see the difference except usually the gobbling and turks doing turk things is more fun in the am.

6. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo

I call foul!!

7. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    So if I'm good with all day hunting on the third week only which button do I push? On second thought, I'd rather push the buttons on the live version of post #6.

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Smallish sample set to this point is tracking with the previous anonymous poll.
    I hope we get close to the sample set/respondents on the previous poll so that we could apply a paired T-test and apply statistics but I’m not sure there is appetite for that here. :D
    Keep voting you crazy folks. :D

9. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Are we within the golden mean or a fluctuation of the other result

10. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    The only reason I voted yes is to be able to take the kids after school. I have full custody but the boys mom has them every other weekend and if my weekend falls in the middle of season I only have one weekend to take them. And with church that leaves one day

Hawk likes this.
  11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Joe... if there were more options it would just confuse things.
    It’s about whether you are or aren’t agreeable to ADH.
    A big Jake option would dilute the poll.

12. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    Leave my pair of t-tests alone.

13. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Right now, people seem to be more in favor of adding a week of archery before regular turkey season, over all day turkey hunting during regular season. I'd like to suggest we try that before we go nutso with something as crazy as all day turkey hunting for 3 weeks straight, and completely wipe out the gobbler herd. :wave1:

14. henry

Why vote. It's rigged because it's not private. Obviously being run by the Russian mafia.

15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yea, its unfortunate because the other poll now has over 80 responses, which is a real good sample of MWT anymore.

16. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Funny, a lot of the guys voting for ADTH were also against xbow inclusion.

Seems its ok to press the easy button on turkeys, but not on deer... :thinking: :D

17. henry

You won't completely wipe out the gobbler herd. We will still see them running around with white buffalo and unicorns.

18. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Deer are much longer lived is the answer I always get.
    However, you get a P:H ratio of sub 1 and a doe:fawn ratio of 1:2 so production shouldnt be down :D

19. henry

It's rigged because it's private.