PUBLIC LAND

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by bordelonc, Nov 5, 2010.

1. bordelonc

bordelonc New Member

May 23, 2010
    ANYONE GOING UP TOWARD KIRKSVILLE AREA FOR THE OPENING OF RIFLE SEASON NEXT WEEK......THINKING ABOUT HUNTING REBALS COVE AND THOUGHTS IDEAS....THANKS

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    The reason I quit rifle hunting is because I had nowhere to go and hunted public land. Hope for the best, but most of my experiences with hunting land are not good. Cant tell you how many times I had people set up less than 100 yards from me and ruin my hunt. I would walk as far as you can go back in the thick stuff, and then walk some more! Chris

3. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    Good luck at Rebel's Cove. It's the busiest time of the year in the Kirksville area. Plenty of deer and hunters at RC, hope you have made reservations, motels booked up ahead of time here.

4. hemi_guy06

hemi_guy06 New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Scott AFB, IL
    i hunt on private land right next to rebels cove and i have to say that the last few years the cove hasnt been as full as usuall. i like the area up there. there is always quality deer taken up there. hopefully, this year the farmers have been able to harvest or do so soon. last year all the corn fields were full and the deer werent moving out of the fields.

5. scooter

scooter New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Brashear
    Most all the crops are out around Rebel's Cove. I was through there last week. One of my buddies owns a chuck close to there. I don't think it has had as much pressure the past two years, put it still has plenty. Lot of big deer around there...

6. bordelonc

bordelonc New Member

May 23, 2010
    YEA WE DO HAVE A PLACE TO STAY HOOKED UP WITH A GUY THAT IS RENTING US AN APARTMENT IN WORLINGTON......WE WILL BE UP THERE THURSDAY TO THURSDAY.....HOPE TO GO SCOUTING FRIDAY AND HUNT SAT, SUN, MON ,TUES, WED.......WE PLAN ON HUNTING ALL DAY WAITING ON A NICE BUCK.......WHATS THE AREA LIKE ROLLING HILLS, FARM LAND, RIVER BOTTOMS? WE ARE HEADING UP FROM LOUISIANA AND ARE USE TO HUNTING THE SWAMP SO ITS GOING TO BE A CHANGE OF PACE FOR US.....THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INFO

7. hemi_guy06

hemi_guy06 New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Scott AFB, IL
    well if your hunting in the cove, its mostly timber. lots of hills and ridges. usually i like to sit on a finger between two ridges with sights on both ridges. there are a lot of areas in there like that.

8. 71model

71model New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    My friend used to own them apartments, he sold them to the care lady's brother. Doc used to let us stay there. I've hunted Rebels Cove alot every year.

9. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Good luck to you.