Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Public areas

1449 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  EZRA
Hey all! Me my cousin and brother-in-law are looking for a public hunting area to bow hunt for three days. We live around lake of the ozarks area but will travel anywhere in the state . Looking for a change of scenery to hunt and enjoy. Not asking for anyone’s favorite spot to hunt but maybe somewhere you have hunted in the past and have suggestions for us to try out and enjoy . We all went to stover last year and all seen deer and cousin killed a doe I passed on a few doe myself but was hunting for a buck and don’t mind passing meat if I have some in the freezer . Anyway we still had a great time don’t have to harvest to enjoy . Any advise would be great thanks in advance !!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Woodson K. Woods in St. James, MO is and archery only Conservation Area.
Reactions: 1
Great I’ll look into it ! Thanks reflex !!
Reactions: 1
Reflex I just looked it up looks great, are you from the area? If so is there somewhere close to camp? Site doesn’t show a camping area which is odd for such a large tract
Reflex I just looked it up looks great, are you from the area? If so is there somewhere close to camp? Site doesn't show a camping area which is odd for such a large tract
There is a couple of campgrounds nearby, as well as Meramec Springs State Park.
Thanks for the link
If you scroll down almost all the way to the bottom there is another link for conservation area places to go. It is a great resource. You can search all the areas in the state by activity, county, etc. And then see all the info about a particular area including maps.
If you scroll down almost all the way to the bottom there is another link for conservation area places to go. It is a great resource. You can search all the areas in the state by activity, county, etc. And then see all the info about a particular area including maps.
Thank you trapper !! Fellow hunters is the best resource for info . Just think most of us was taught by someone else and then we learn so much on our own put it all together and you can learn so much about hunting, land , and ethics to pass on to the next generation gotta keep it going ... Thanks all!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.