Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the bow shooting where I need it at 20 and 30 yards but for some reason I'm shooting off to the right at 40 yards using the bottom or 3rd pin. Can I adjust each of the pins for windage individually or do they all have to move together? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I don't really know this sight....but I will try to help.

From the pictures of it, and the discription on the PSE website, it looks to me that you can NOT adjust individual pins. The F-18 does, though, have a dovetail windage slide which should help out at the further yardages...however from what I understand, that adjusts all the pins.

As I said before, I don't know from personal experience...just from the pictures on the internet and from PSE's website. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I think I am familiar with that sight and no you can't move the pins for windage.

Do you have a level on the sight? If not, I would put one on.

The reason I say that is because you could be slightly canting your bow and at 40 yards that would cause you to go to one side or the other. If your 20 and 30 yard pins are set in the center your 40 yard pin should be also. If you don't want to get a level, try making some square lines on your target by using a small level and square to make sure the line that is vertical is at 90 degrees from your level line. Then go back to 40 yards and try to keep all of your pins on that vertical line and see if your arrows are still hitting to the right. It may seem like a lot of work but it will tell you if you are canting your bow or not.

When I shot a lot of benchrest .22's I did this and you wouldn't believe how much this will help your groups. I always use squared lines now when I shoot at long distances and it seems to really help.

·
Senior Member Team 19
3,491 Posts
I have one have only been able to move the pins individually up or down not in or out. mine are set perfectly out to 40 yards. Are you sure your not torquing your bow when you shoot ?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its probably a shooting issue more than a sight issue. I'll get some more shooting time and hopefully work out the problem. One thing for sure, when you start to fatigue the shooting goes to crap! Thanks everyone. Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.