PSE BOWTECH QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by VERNETA, Apr 28, 2006.

1. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    I have been testing a few used bows & am curious if anyone has heard or owns any of these & your opinions : 1) 06 PSE NOVA RIMFIRE 2) PSE THUNDERFLIGHT or 3) 04 BOWTECH JUSTICE VFT-I would LOVE to buy a MATHEWS but just can not afford it ? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED !!

2. cowboy

cowboy New Member

bowtech for sure. but its whatever fits you the best.

3. Hoyt01

Hoyt01 New Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Ewing Mo
    get the best you can afford and the one that fits you best . IMO there are no bad bows out there . there are just some a little better than others . good luck

4. ACES

ACES Active Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lee's Summit, MO
    VERNETA,

I've been looking at bows lately too. I think I'm more confused than you are. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to only 3. There are lots of choices out there.

PSE seems to have great prices and are widely available.

The veteran bow hunters do seem to like Bowtech better. The Bowtech price also reflects that. :)

Let me know what you end up choosing.

I've been monitoring ebay to see if I can find a deal, but apparently so has everyone else. I haven't seen any real deals in the last hour of bidding.

-ACES

5. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    ACES , I am still looking & have not pulled the trigger on a purchase yet ! You are correct about the choices.. It can drive a person NUTS:stickfight: !! If I find anything I'll let ya know !! Please do the same !!

6. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

I like PSE because of their long reputation for good bows. I own two pse Novas. I haven't shot a bow tech, But I bought two PSE's for the cost of one bow tech. One of our hunting buddies liked bowtech, till last fall he waitied 2 months for replacement limbs (under warranty). Comes down to $$, what you like and the customer service that follows.

7. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    It is really something that a new bow costs as much or more than a decent rifle !!

8. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Yeah, it sucks that they cost so much but in most cases you DO really get what you pay for. The only exception that I have found is the new line of Fred Bear bows. Great bows for quite a bit less than what you'd pay for a Bowtech or Mathews or Hoyt. And as far as longevity is concerned, they've been around for longer than PSE.

But, if I were you, I'd buy a Ross. Made right here in MO and they are EXCELLENT quality bows. And just a hair cheaper than "the big 3"

9. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    I agree with Jmmcguire, If your gonna buy a new one take a close look at the new Ross bows. But then again, if ya have a 29" draw length and really want a Mathews, look in the "For Sale" threads at the Mathews MQ32 that I listed last night:D

MoBowman ```---------->