Proposition B

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by mohuntr, Oct 26, 2010.

1. mohuntr

mohuntr New Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Leaving to go elk hunting in Montana. Gonna vote absentee. I have mixed feelings about Prop B. Looking for advise from forum members?

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    The laws that are already in place need to be used by the local authorities. No need to pass more laws that are not going to be enforced, and make it harder on folks that are doing it right already.

Parker

3. Trapper

Trapper New Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Missouri
    Yea what parker said!

4. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    I'm from KS so what is it?

5. deputy_d

deputy_d New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Springfield
    x3...

If the vet assiocation of mo comes against prop b. then you know its not right.

6. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prop B is also supported by HSUS. Nough said.

I also see it as trickling down to livestock eventually.

7. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    The legal puppy producers are doing it right already. The illegal puppy mills won't change a thing, because they don't adhere to the laws anyway.

8. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1863433&tid=129754&author=deputy_d]x3...

If the vet assiocation of mo comes against prop b. then you know its not right.[/rquote]

[rquote=1863437&tid=129754&author=venatic]Prop B is also supported by HSUS. Nough said.
    [/rquote]

:bowing: Didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know!

Parker

9. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I have talked to a LOT of different people about this and what you previous guys have stated is right on. Anything supported by HSUS is not good and every Veterinarian I have talked to has not been in support of it. I have been trying to tell everyone I know that it is bad news but I have a terrible feeling that it will pass because of the "puppy mill" tag that has been placed on it. I know I will be voting against it!

10. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    But isn't this one of those Prop's that you would actually vote YES to defeat it?

11. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1863475&tid=129754&author=MoBowman]But isn't this one of those Prop's that you would actually vote YES to defeat it? [/rquote]

NO IT IS NOT.

12. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Supposedly, this is at the bottom of the ballot too, so add that into your mix of info.

Parker

at the bottom of the narrative it mentions the state government entities will incur costs of $654,768 (on-going costs of $521,356 and one-time costs of $133,412). Some local governmental entities may experience costs related to enforcement activities and savings related to reduced animal care activities.

13. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    This proposition will not stop puppy mills. It will be a big NO from me.

14. kxpete627

kxpete627 New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Centralia, MO
    This is from the sample ballot

PROPSITION B
    Proposed by Initiative Petition

Shall Missouri law be amended to:

- require large-scale dog breeding operations to provide each dog under their care with sufficient food, clean water, housing and space; necessary veterinary care; regular exercise and adequate rest between breeding cycles;

- prohibit any breeder from having more than 50 breeding dogs for the purpose of selling their puppies as pets; and

- create a misdemeanor crime of "puppy mill cruelty" for any violators?

It is estimated state governmental entities will incur costs of $654,768 (on-going costos of $521,356 and one-time costs of $133,412). Some local governmental entitites may experience costs related to enforcement activities and savings related to reduced animal care activities.

15. carbon-sniper-nate

carbon-sniper-nate New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    they start to try to regulate this next it is going to be everything from cattle to horses to how many animals a person can own. I will be Checking NO!

16. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    I have a bad feeling about this one. Maybe I should give Missourians more credit but I'm afraid that a LOT of uninformed voters will read that first statement about food water and excercise and read nothing else and vote yes.

17. Mike Trump

Mike Trump New Member

May 10, 2010
    Kearney, MO
    I voted absentee yesterday and voted against it. I figured the HSUS was behind it somehow.

18. MissouriBoy

MissouriBoy New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    [rquote=1863529&tid=129754&author=kxpete627]This is from the sample ballot

PROPSITION B
    Proposed by Initiative Petition

Shall Missouri law be amended to:

- require large-scale dog breeding operations to provide each dog under their care with sufficient food, clean water, housing and space; necessary veterinary care; regular exercise and adequate rest between breeding cycles;

- prohibit any breeder from having more than 50 breeding dogs for the purpose of selling their puppies as pets; and

- create a misdemeanor crime of "puppy mill cruelty" for any violators?

It is estimated state governmental entities will incur costs of $654,768 (on-going costos of $521,356 and one-time costs of $133,412). Some local governmental entitites may experience costs related to enforcement activities and savings related to reduced animal care activities.

Big NO vote from me

19. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    [rquote=1863437&tid=129754&author=venatic]Prop B is also supported by HSUS. Nough said.

I also see it as trickling down to livestock eventually.[/rquote]

agree X100

20. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    That being said, THANK YOU for keeping this post informative and not taking it political!!!