Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks I have my bench's built, and two walls are existing. Now I need to build one wall approx. 7' x 9', and one 7' x 7' with a door within those demensions! Can anyone help with this, or let me know where I can find, build a wall for dummies!

:pop:

:shrug:

Oh, I think I need a venting system as well for the fumes to oh, vent!

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
u2u atcha

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
what is stoping you from trying to do it yourself?

You can most likely build the wall without the door as it is pretty straight forward. for the vent, you can mount a bathroom vent fan in the ceiling for ventlation. The door will be a little tricky for a first timer but it is only a matter of shimming it right to make it close right.

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Building it myself is what I want to do. Just haveing someone there to guide me would be great though!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
OHHH I thought you were kinda intimadated. I am no carpenter but I have done a shop in the basement along with MWT member Porkchop who also is no carpenter and it turned out great. From framing to taping and even elec, I did it all with only minimal help. :rock:

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
call money maker he can fix anything no really if you need help with the fan i can help teh framing isnt that hard either but i want my goose head back first

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Venting would need to be outside because of the fumes from chemicals. Upper right basement wall is a window which couls be modified.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,684 Posts
Originally posted by SNA2STL
Venting would need to be outside because of the fumes from chemicals. Upper right basement wall is a window which couls be modified.

Cheap fart fan should handle that just fine if it's going to be a small room.

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Modeerhunter
I can help you out on both accounts if you need it, just let me know.:wave:
[file]46052[/file]

·
13,315 Posts
0Happy you dont smoke, as you have enough vices there!!!:dancin::claphands:

·
Registered
69,536 Posts
Those chemicals you speak of....are they just cleaning chemicals for cleaning your guns? If so...I'd think that just leaving the door open while cleaning and maybe a small table fan would be enough IMO.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
7X9 is a mighty small room. ya know the rule? As time goes by these types of rooms tend to shrink.

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Modeerhunter
I'll come by one day this week and we'll get-r figured out for ya SNA. :eek::
:bowing:

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the hardware for the finishing of the walls, and the new door.

More pics to come!!!

Still need venting fan to outdoors.

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, the reason I do not have doors on benches is because I just think they would be a nuisance to keep opening and shutting when the room will be secured anyways.

There will be a long gun safe, handgun safe, and a bench top safe for the small things.

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by SNA2STL
Got the hardware for the finishing of the walls, and the new door.

More pics to come!!!

Still need venting fan to outdoors.
[file]46053[/file]

1 - 20 of 61 Posts