Problem with the new bow

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by battman1, May 22, 2009.

1. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    I've always had a problem with my sights being adjusted low for some reason but it was never a big problem with fixed pins.I shot this scope for the first time today and it is bottomed out at 10 yrds.I got my peep where it comes to my eye and the sight is centered.Can't figure it out.

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sights are way over-rated...Just take em off!!!!!:claphands:

3. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Trade you for your Black Widow.:peepwall:

4. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    Are you using a drop away?

5. bowbender

bowbender Well-Known Member

Could be a couple different things with noc point or un-even tiller but most likely either the Peep or rest is too low. Raising one or both will help.

6. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    What's you setup? Sight rest bow?

What is the distance from center of your d-loop or nock point to the center of your peep? There is no set distance but most I've seen are between 5.5" and 6.5"

Alot of sight/scope setups have a bracket/mount that can be rotated to fit almost anyone

Pics would be great

7. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Sight is Toxonic 9" bar 4"sight and scope, rest is Limb Driver, and the bow is a 60# Black Ice.Like I said I've always had a problem with my sights being low.But I just changed the draw length on this one and didn't change the draw stop.Could that be the problem?It felt good but I don't know.

8. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Looked the sight over again and found more mounting holes.Moved it to the bottom holes.I'll shoot it tomorrow and see if that helped any.By the way thanks for the help.

9. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

If your sites have always been low,,,it could be and anchor point thing as much as an equipment thing.(.02)

:cheers::cheers:

10. themick313

themick313 New Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Kingsport, TN
    I would take it into a shop because you likely need a few things adjusted and since your bow has been shooting low anyway, any changes would "compound" the issue... that's what I would do anyway to save a little time and get my bow shooting milk caps at 40 yards :claphands:
    :cheers:

11. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Christian County
    I had a problem with running out of adjustment on my sight when I switched to a shorter ATA bow like the Black Ice due to my particular anchor point and the position of the mounting holes in the sight window. When I went back to a 38" ATA bow I again had enough room to adjust my sight low enough to sight in. Sounds like you might have the same problem as me. Rather than changing my anchor that I have been using for 12 years, I swiched bows.

12. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    stop bowhunting and duck hunt

:D

13. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Thanks for the info.I moved the sight to the other mounting holes and I've got it out to 40 yrds so far.