Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody on here own or know somebody who has private land bordering Corps of Engineers ground, particularly around the central Missouri lakes such as Truman Lake? If so, have you or they had many trespassing issues? I am looking at a piece of ground such as this. The corps ground is somewhat difficult to access, but nevertheless it is still open to the public. Consequently, trespassing may be an issue. Then again, the same could be said for private ground unless you live on it.

Would you hesitate to buy ground that borders Corps of Engineers ground/public ground or would this be a non-issue for you?

· Registered
76 Posts
Yes and yes sometimes there have been trespassing. It seems like most of the trespassers were people who live in the area and it has nothing to do with the corps land. I like having the corps land near by because it honestly doesnt get much action due to it being hard to access. Truman has so much Corp land that a lot of it doesnt get hunted hard.

· Registered
70,872 Posts
I know one guy that owns such land and he only has trouble on opening weekend of turkey and deer seasons. The rest of the time he very seldom sees another hunter on the corp land.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Ok I know but for couple days I thought I was on COE Land and found it was Private Property, just didn't look right so I asked at the COE office. It is not marked real good like MDC Land.

One thing I like about COE Land is there usually crop land.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin hunted COE Land.

· Registered
1,776 Posts
Relatives have about 60 acres on top of a ridge that controls acces to a very large peninsula of CORPs land on Truman. I used to hunt it about 25 years ago. Hardly anyone been there so now the ATVs from the neighboring campground has been riding through it and to CORPs (illegal). Probably be for sale soon and the new owner will have to spend some time shutting down the riders.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Relatives have about 60 acres on top of a ridge that controls acces to a very large peninsula of CORPs land on Truman. I used to hunt it about 25 years ago. Hardly anyone been there so now the ATVs from the neighboring campground has been riding through it and to CORPs (illegal). Probably be for sale soon and the new owner will have to spend some time shutting down the riders.
Bunch from Bent Tree Harbor keep their ATV's hot.

Yes lots of ATV's and even Pickups. What is funny for the price of ATV they could buy a nice Boat go more places and be legal.

oneshot

:DThe Big Grin can run there.

· Registered
21,512 Posts
Yup. Bent tree harbor yahoos.
Been years ago. Guy was trying to sell us a Lot there. First thing that turned us away was the ATV's, asked about them? Oh we ride all along the Lake, no one ever says a thing :eek:

oneshot

:D Even the Big Grin was welcome.

15,025 Posts
To you Realtors or someone in the know.....is there a way to look up land for sale that borders Corp land around Truman Lake?
I use Zillow, expand the map then voom into each property or close to it and usually whatever is for sale will come up

there is an ap that will show who owns each property, not sure if it would show For Sale,, others might be able to tell you

which reminds me, the land next to where I hunt was up for sale in December, wonder if it sold

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.