Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Pretty Boy Decoy? Does it work as good as Harold Knight says it does? I am considering buying one if they are that good !!

Please respond if you have any experience with it..

Thanks..

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
oh yeah they are so good you just set the decoy on top of your frezzer and the toms run and just jump in....all you got to do is open the front door.

seriously though i haven't used one but at 99.00 for a pair thats nuts no way am i paying that for a decoy when more times than not i think they hurt your chances on the hunt

another gimic

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
$99 bucks is a little steep.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
NOT NOT NOT gonna buy that thing! You can fashion your own decoys to where they look similar to that. All of this realistic stuff is killin' me! More and more folks are going to get shot using this stuff! Turkeys DO NOT CARE THAT MUCH!

:D

Parker

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
bovinahunter, seems a waste of money to me. SOme sort of movement in the decoys is much more important that what they actually look like.

Jack

·
Registered
21,425 Posts
I hunted with some folks that had one and part of what makes it look good is the real fan tail that moves a little with the wind.
That said, I don't think I would buy one if they were $50. I think they can scare away gobblers just as much or more as they can draw them in. On top of that they are a bit hitch to carry.
If you do buy one, I think you should use a half strut jake tail in place of the full boss tail.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i've been playin with a stuffed full strutter and stuffed hen decoys the hens work unreal, they flat put the hammer down on the gobblers.we have taken 14 so far this year.they don't move but if you pop a few feathers out and put them on thread and put it around their head and neck it gives them the illusion of moving and puts the icing on the cake.the stutters have had mixed results if your hunting the dominant bird it works fine ,but after you take him out the pecking order, the other birds i belive think it is him and are hestiate to come in and get beat up.but if you give them a few days to get the pecking order established again and then throw out a full strut jake strut it is boom time again.got to admit the strutters are a bite to carry although the jakes are not quite so bad.the hens are easy, weigh about three pounds put them in a decoy bag and your good to go.so i thimnk i would forget about the pretty boy plastic thingy and go shoot you hen this fall and take to your local taxidermist and get you a real decoy or heck do yourself and make yourself a flock.you will be impressed:wave:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Primos is going to have a decoy out for next year that looks just as good and is easier to carry for half the price I saw one this spring and they look awesome and they work. the decoy is called B-mobile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.