Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this small bi-pod stand from Summit. The ground to seat height is 6' tall. Enough to get a hunter up over the brush and small enough be semi-portable. has anyone seen or tried one of these. What does everyone think? I know it's not a climber stand, but I am getting away from climbers. I used my Summit Viper one time this season, and I was a nervous wreck the entire time I was in it. I am looking for something a little different to try.

[file]82931[/file]

·
Registered
31,328 Posts
imo, 6ft up would be more of a problem that sitting on the ground. youll be right in their line of sight regardless of how far off the deer are. deffinitely make getting set up for the shot tough. where do you put all your stuff while your sitting?
i have a one man ladder stand, decided to move it to a different spot this year. took it down, and unhooked the ladder sections (3 of them) and it wasnt too awefuly bad to carry to the stand, with a gun. a bit akward at first but i managed. you hunt alot of public land or something?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,493 Posts
:cheers: 40 pounds ain't bad.

Parker

* Versitile tripod design is wide and stable.
* Buckstep style steps are secure and allow you to get both feet on each step.
* Seat and gunrest pivots 360 degrees.
* Integrated stable gunrest includes a swiveling top V and lowers for easy entry and exit.
* Enclosed Packet includes All neccesary hardware, ropes and straps.
* 5 year limited warranty.

Weight: 40 lbs. (Steel Construction)
Height to Seat: 6' (not adjustable)
Seat Size: (front) 4" wide (back) 18" wide by 12" long
Weight Limit: 300 lbs.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This has been an intersting year hunting ofr me. I don't get much opportunity to scout and this year I didn't really scout at all because of my health issues. Btw, I am doing very well now and moving on with my life. So, this year Imoved my tree stand from an unproductive site, to a natural funnel about 3 weeks before deer season. I arrived the second weekend of gun season and saw a few deer on the way to my stand. While in my stand, I decied that life is too short to wait around for a deer to happen to need to cross the creek crossing I was hunting. I decided to take my hunt to the deer. I went to the area where I say the deer earlier in the day and hid myself in a ceder tree, but 3pm, I had shot a button buck. Two days later, I had doe come up on me in a different location and I would have had a good shot had a ATV not have been cruising around the woods. Last week, I hunted northern Missouri and went and found a good place to hunt after walking about an hour, and shot a doe about 10am. So, my concept of walk-stalking-hunting is working for me. I have found that I have a hard time sitting on the ground, so I have looked into tree chairs/seats. I ran across this little gadget. This would only be good for a few situations, but would work good when you find the right spot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.