Prayers needed

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by DL118, Oct 26, 2010.

1. DL118

DL118 New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    MO
    As a young guy i have a go go go attitude and chasing deer in the fall is my absolute favorite thing to do. But today it became the last thing on my mind. My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer today. The doctor says there is a high success rate for people that find it as early as we did in his case. I had taken time off at work the second week of november and it was an answer to prayer that i got the days off. I thought i was going to be hunting but as it turns out I will be with my dad as he has surgery the 10th of November. This is a pretty good lesson in getting your priorities in line. My grandfather passed away in July and now my dads having surgery. Needless to say i'm kind of in a whirlwind right now.

2. My grandpa had it and he is just fine today :cheers:

Ill throw one up for ya though :praying:

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    DL, PRAYERS GOING UP! FOUND EARLY IS THE KEY TO BEATING MOST CANCERS! PRAYERS FOR YOU ALL AND FOR THE DRS THAT WILL BE TREATING HIM. YOU HAVE A FAMILY FULL OF MEMBERS HERE, IF YOU NEED ANYTHING HOLLAR AT US! SOME THINGS ARE WAY WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN HUNTING. THOSE DEER WILL BE THERE WHEN YOU GET OUT.

4. squints1

squints1 New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Sikeston, MO
    I'm sending prayers up for your dad big guy.

5. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
  6. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    You got it.Sure hope everything turns out ok for him.

7. chaser

chaser New Member

I know what you are going through as my wife has breast cancer and had to have a breast removed and now we start chemo treatments on nov 3rd our prayers are with you.

8. lma

lma Active Member

9. cdover

cdover Member

Dec 22, 2009
    wappapello
  10. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    [rquote=1862786&tid=129710&author=chaser]I know what you are going through as my wife has breast cancer and had to have a breast removed and now we start chemo treatments on nov 3rd our prayers are with you.[/rquote]

Prayers sent from my family to both of your families :praying::praying:

11. T.R.

T.R. Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Mercer County
  12. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    My dad went through the same thing. As long as it is detected early, it is very treatable. My dad has been doing just fine for the past 7 years. Prayers sent.

13. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Prayers sent. :praying:

My Dad passed away from prostate cancer 5/23/98. But his was diagnosed way too late. I hope you get a second opinion, surgery is a pretty drastic measure if they found it early.

Good luck with it.

14. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    Been a rough week on members' dads. You have my sincerest prayers and best wishes.:praying:

15. :praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:

16. Labs40

Labs40 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Wentzville,Mo
  17. Bowtech

Bowtech New Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Barnhart, Mo.
    we'll be praying for you :praying: