powerwasher

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by rat, May 25, 2009.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Would you get a 3000psi pressurewasher with a honda engine and husky brand name or a 2600psi honda with a troy-built name?

Would I even know the diff losing 400psi by going to the troybuilt?
    I hate to buy a husky but they both have hondas and I wanna stick with that.

home depot (husky obviously) or lowes with the troybuilt.

2. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    I've had good luck with the Husky brands Rat:cheers:

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1274961&tid=89250&author=hillbilly]I've had good luck with the Husky brands Rat:cheers:[/rquote]

Thanks hillbilly... I dont mean any disrespect with that brand, just thought customer service or even warranty might be better with the troybuilt... dont know that for sure though.

4. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    I haven't had alot of luck with Lowes myself. Could be our store here In Olathe to. I bought my power washer from Sears about 3 years ago and love It:cheers:There Isn't a dirty spot on my property:roll2:

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    So will I know the diff between 2600 and 3000psi?

I cant imagine I will. I also cant imagine using it all that much but the wife says we will. :roll2:

6. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    I don't think so Rat IMHO. You'll be surprised how much you use It. Heck even the Inside of your grill (bbq) will be clean:claphands::claphands:

7. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    I have a buddy that used to use troy built equipment all the time, He says it is not the quality and much less user friendly than it used to be.. He used mostly lawn care equipment...

8. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

MTD bought Troybilt.

9. BukWild

BukWild New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Fenton, MO 63026
    Rat, I have done powerwashing business on the side, and I will say that the more important # is GPM(gallons per minute), that is what gets you done quicker, not psi, I have a high dollar powerwasher that has a high GPM. You will not know the difference of 400psi just my $.02...

10. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

Guess who has one you can borrow to see if you like it? My Husky 2600/Honda engine is sweet. By the way it is a good idea to practice with it first. Wrong nozzle and you will tear sheet up.

11. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just don't water the plants with it.:roll2:

12. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    I dont know much about these. Do they have a ajustable pressure regulator? Example a 2600 PSI unit. Can it beturned down to say 150 PSI?

:confused:

13. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

GH Not that much adjustment. Minor adjustments only... 2400-2600 e.g.
    SNA2 has it right, though. The tips sure make a difference.
    We've got a rotary head with our Hotsy that'll peel paint. I hid the pin point one so nobody'll use it.

14. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    [rquote=1275075&tid=89250&author=UrbanHunter]GH Not that much adjustment. Minor adjustments only... 2400-2600 e.g.
    SNA2 has it right, though. The tips sure make a difference.
    We've got a rotary head with our Hotsy that'll peel paint. I hid the pin point one so nobody'll use it.[/rquote]

Would not be good to clean condensors and evaporators with then unless you want to trash em. Thanks for the info

15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    We have a deck built from composite decking and it needs powerwashing every year.
    To this point we have just been borrowing the FILs cause we only need it one weekend a year.

Wife says its a hastle to borrow one (and I tend to agree) and wants one of her own. :D

SNA2STL... I was looking in home depot and the only husky I saw with a honda was the 3000psi model? I thought the 2600psi jobbies had a tecumseh?
    I'll have to look again.

16. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    i would think you outta just do some thumb exercises and go old school :roll2::peepwall:

i wouldnt buy troybuilt, i bought a weed eater of theirs and it broke within first year jmo

17. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1275129&tid=89250&author=ryanlowe02]i would think you outta just do some thumb exercises and go old school :roll2::peepwall:
    [/rquote]

:hysterical:

18. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
  19. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Only thing I can suggest is look into getting a variable wand. I have rented a few and most will not come with a variable wand and I have cut wood real easy. My buddy has a power washer. Not sure of the PSI. He just had a new pump put on it and man does it have some power! It will knock you off a ladder if you forget to turn down the power on the variable wand. What's nice about the veriable wand is you can back off the pressure anytime. IMO that is most important thing to have if you have a powerfull powerwasher.

20. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Senior Hunter

What is the most pressure you can use for washing a car? What kind of pressure do the car wash's use?