Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
7,228 Posts
You really think that little maxi pad in the box does squat? You are gullible if you believe that. Cases of those pellets ship in cardboard boxes. Ive seen a full case. I know of Ultimate ML shooters who bought them that way and switched to BH209. God only knows how long they sit in a warehouse before they even go on a shelf. There is nothing even remotely as well sealed as a bottle of powder about them.
You sure seem to really be into the ole smokepoles. You ever thought about changing your username to Ole Polesmoker??

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
@GMB54-120
I bought some Hornady 200gr HP XTP .44 with sabots for my .54 caliber years ago. Didn't get them all used up before I switched last season to a .50 caliber ML (CVA Wolf). My question is - what is your thoughts around using this bullet with .50 cal sabots? I see mostly heavier bullets being talked about here and elsewhere.
Never shot that bullet. Well maybe way way back when i had a Thunderhawk 54cal. I shoot a 225gr bullet a lot in my 50cal. Its nasty on deer. Barnes 200gr or 225gr XPB is a great light weight bullet for muzzleloaders if you dont need real long range.

I never got the accuracy i wanted from 50x44. Ive always gotten better results with 50x45. Many guys do like shooting 44s though but im not one of them.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
You sure seem to really be into the ole smokepoles. You ever thought about changing your username to Ole Polesmoker??
Already have in a way but you sure have a fascination with parts of the male anatomy dont you? You can come out now if you want. I hear its socially acceptable for the most part.

A 54-120 is a Green Mountain Barrel 54-120 Limited Edition brush gun. They sold less than a couple hundred of these. Made 250 in SS but didnt sell all them. Hence the GMB54-120 name so im way ahead of you on that. Used this nic name for ages on hunting boards.

Best $425 i ever spent on a muzzleloader shipped to me in a hard case. Brand spanking new with a very nice stock (bottom pic) and jeweled bolt.

My latest project. Knight 27" 45 1-20 twist Mountaineer barrel in an Elite stock and custom made breach plug. Shoots a sabotless 300gr bullet 2100fps with 120grV of BH209 powder. Really puts PowerJunk with pellets to shame.

Bullet sure loads easy. Ive done this many times with my Super DISC 45 and Savage/Pancor 45 too.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts