Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
@rcg

This guy is being positive about the hatch. Put him in his place.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I saw a hen with 5 poults that I could see crossing the gravel road I was on yesterday in Callaway county. The poults were bigger than chickens.

Checked my camera cards and had a picture of a hen with 2 still small (pigeon size) poults running with her.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Sure those are poults heartshot look like old hens to me? ( If they are they were early hatched)
What few poults I was seeing have totally disappeared in last couple weeks. Assume the yotes and bobcat got them. Several of those each every day on every camera.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Sure those are poults heartshot look like old hens to me? ( If they are they were early hatched)
What few poults I was seeing have totally disappeared in last couple weeks. Assume the yotes and bobcat got them. Several of those each every day on every camera.
Oh they are poults with a few older hens mixed in. I’ve been watching them grow for 2.5 months. Originally there were 2 hens with 6 poults each. Looks like most if not all survived from little chicks to med sized poults. I’m hoping they are big enough to sleep in trees. That should hopefully help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts