·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Good to hear Hooks in the making. (y)

Reactions: rat

·
Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,371 Posts
I have to say my best hatch in years! Woohoo!!!!!.

Lots of poults of varying size and only a few pics of barren hens

Average clutch seems to be about 5-6 with a few outliers.

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts

You send in your June card yet??

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts

·
Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,371 Posts
Why not? Boycotting?

I wouldn't call it boycotting - I just felt my reports skewed the numbers for my county as a whole as my averages were/are consistently higher than what's reported for the county in the annual summary.

Since I work from home, most weeks I drive less than 50 miles total since the vast majority of my training is done within the boundaries of my property. I don't feel my property is very representative to the rest of the county as far as poult production so I leave the survey results to the rest of the folks who have more windshield time to report what they are seeing from all across the county.

·
Vendor
64,802 Posts
I wouldn't call it boycotting - I just felt my reports skewed the numbers for my county as a whole as my averages were/are consistently higher than what's reported for the county in the annual summary.

Since I work from home, most weeks I drive less than 50 miles total since the vast majority of my training is done within the boundaries of my property. I don't feel my property is very representative to the rest of the county as far as poult production so I leave the survey results to the rest of the folks who have more windshield time to report what they are seeing from all across the county.
Most people are only reporting what they see on their small area. Its an integral part of the survey. If a significant number of people did that it would skew the numbers to the negative side versus what it was historically.

Im sure you trapped like 300 raccoons there last year, right??:LOL:

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,122 Posts

We are having similar results. 50% or more of our hens have produced. Had we not had that 2 week rain period we did it would have been unbelievable.

Reactions: rat and CuivreDog2
141 - 150 of 150 Posts