Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Good to hear. I’m sure even better to see!

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Saw some last week that were a little bigger than that. Couldn’t get a count but there were a lot of weeds moving

Reactions: rat

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,238 Posts
The more the merrier. We have seen poults 3 times at the farm. I just put cams out. I was pretty hopeful for a great hatch until this past week of excessive rain. I will be thrilled with a good hatch now.

·
Vendor
65,163 Posts
My friends in ks are seeing a bunch of pheasant chicks. More than they have in several years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw two hens with about a half dozen chicken size poults near my office in Stone county. It was good to see them big enough to fly.

·
Vendor
65,163 Posts

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
I’ve seen for single hens no poults . 2 different hens one was a bearded ***** seen her run hens off the gobbler they had 13 poults . Lack of gobblers to get all bred .

·
Registered
500 Posts
My June count is 17 hens, 4 Jake's, 0 poults.
Already a group of 7 old hens together, 0 poults. Can't imagine any poults less than chicken size have survived in Central part of state with 12 to 15 inches of rain in last 3 days.
As someone else said, at end of year a normal precipitation total, just 50 percent of it in 1 week. Once this stops Friday, would not be a bit surprised to see 2 or 3 months go by without a drop of rain.

·
Vendor
65,163 Posts
I’ve seen for single hens no poults . 2 different hens one was a bearded * seen her run hens off the gobbler they had 13 poults . Lack of gobblers to get all bred .
So the 2 hens had 13 poults?

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Yes I was impressed but have saw four others with nothing. I don’t have all my hay baled yet so hopefully things will look better when I fill out my July survey.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Gonna be at best about 0.75/0.8:1 yet again for the PHR. And we will continue down, down down.

ADH next spring will yield another 1,500 or so gobblers and things will be great in MDC’s world. Tyel or whomever the MDC turkey great god is at the time and hawk will tell us so 10,000,000 times and the cycle of spin doctoring and turd polishing will continue.

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
I’ve seen for single hens no poults . 2 different hens one was a bearded * seen her run hens off the gobbler they had 13 poults . Lack of gobblers to get all bred .
2 poults per hen is better than what I've seen this year.

Reactions: Hawk

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,238 Posts
2 poults per hen is better than what I've seen this year.
We are seeing some down the road Joe. This monsoon season might be hard on the littler ones. At least we haven't had localized flooding. There are areas that are getting hit bad with that.

Reactions: Gamegetter

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
We are seeing some down the road Joe. This monsoon season might be hard on the littler ones. At least we haven't had localized flooding. There are areas that are getting hit bad with that.
I haven’t been to my farm much lately. I try to limit my presence during the nesting season, but will be picking up my visits very shortly.
Most turkeys I’m seeing are in Cole and Osage counties while driving.

·
Registered
22,123 Posts
Gonna be at best about 0.75/0.8:1 yet again for the PHR. And we will continue down, down down.

ADH next spring will yield another 1,500 or so gobblers and things will be great in MDC’s world. Tyel or whomever the MDC turkey great god is at the time and hawk will tell us so 10,000,000 times and the cycle of spin doctoring and turd polishing will continue.
ADH won't happen next Spring, no way the MDC is sh itall stupid!

·
Vendor
65,163 Posts
1 - 20 of 203 Posts