Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my camper down to our place in Morgan County yesterday and on the way back this afternoon on KK hiway a hen turkey walked across the road in front of my truck. Right behind her were a swarm of 4 inch tall young turkey poults. I tried to count them but the little buggers were moving to fast. Somewhere around a dozen......I think. I was to slow to get a picture Jack Jr. .......sorry.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
cool frist "reported" hatch for the year should be lots of them now but i haven't been out enough to see any i did see a couple small group baby quail with there momma last week end

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Good report Mailman. Its almost as exciting as hearing about the first gobble of spring. Almost. ;)

·
just a no body
15,512 Posts
Big Jake mentioned that he saw some Poults whilr hunting last day of Kansas turkey season..thats down near witchita . I'v not seen any yet but will be keeping my open ifor them while grading these gravel roads..lots of young bunnies and mating pairs of qual tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.