Posting 2010 rifle deer for Brushogg , He will tell you all the story

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by 76_michael, Nov 14, 2010.

1. 76_michael

76_michael Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    Brushogg asked me to post a pic of the buck he shot this morn on his wife's family property ,
    [​IMG]

2. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    Great deer...all these bucks are making me look forward to the WI opener next weekend:eek::

3. Brushogg

Brushogg New Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Lincoln Co, MO
    Seen only 2 deer all weekend, a spike Sat eve 4:20pm and this dude Sun morn 7:20 made a good shot on him but when I got down to look for him did not find any blood. Walked 100 yds thru the woods looking for any sign folllowed some turned up leaves I thought might be the trail but nothing. So I doubled back to the beginning knowing I put a good solid hit on him at 35 yds. Second time I found 1 drop of blood 10 ft from where I shot him, that was it. So I started doubling back and forth across the hill looking for anything saw another trail of disturbed leaves and followed it for about 30yds.............. there he was! :eek:: I was pumped. no sign of blood even where he laid. Found my entry hole, right where i aimed low shoulder cause he was quartering to me. Bullet tried to exit opposite side but never made it out. Trusty ole 30/30 strikes again!

4. Brander

Brander Active Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Ofallon,mo
  5. Deerhunter46

Deerhunter46 New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Good deal! great deer:eek::

6. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
  7. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Good and wide :cheers: Now tell me, were you using Remington Cor-Lok rounds? Just curious I have heard many stories about them :thinking:

8. Brushogg

Brushogg New Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Lincoln Co, MO
    No, I was using Hornady lever evolution

9. Tank

Tank New Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Keytesville Sorta
    :cheers::claphands::eek::