Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my limit, pa got his, and grandpa got half his limit. we shore gave em a:horse:

but lets not talk about hit percentages:D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Been a long time since I've shot at doves. My wife and I went out for about an hour this morning.I shot a box of shells ,never touched one.#1 grandson is coming over after school to shoot,so we did'nt stay very long,wanted him to have some good shooting his evening.I think these Mo. doves fly faster than I remember.
Mike

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
white river trace was packed. there was about 20+ hunters in a 20 acre field. shot 6 only found 3. going back this evening. kinds bumed though no sunflowers in the field this year. i guess they planted beans instead of sunflowers. 75+ shots in about 2 hours. the doves were flocking and flying hard!

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Well.. first time hunting ca land.. wowzers......

i got 9, my dad 6, bth 12 and his friend 6
Rebel must of got an awesome new job....I bet he's a guide.:)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer

Speaking of which? How IS the new job reb? What hours are you working anyhow? :)

:smiley: I din't go out this morning. If I'm gonna shoot something I want there to be a certain amount of difficulty to it. Doves just don't do it for me. :)

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Try it with a 22LR DSG, ya still won't use a box of shells getting a limit but it's a littler more challenging.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Well carry a pistol and bait 'em and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
42,104 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Originally posted by Hayzer

Speaking of which? How IS the new job reb? What hours are you working anyhow? :)
No.. not a guide....... :roll2: The new job IS good so far? I wont know full time hours until im out of training...

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
The Whippin Crew

Here we are. It was nice meeting you all this weekend, and Precherman74 and myself really enjoyed hunting with you and your Dad.

Here we are from left to right

Rebelcj7's Dad...Rebelcj...Preacherman74...and of course yours truely giving up on the camera and not holding my pose.

[file]7971[/file]

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
After seeing quite a few doves I wonder if I should have got out of the boat and shot some. However, we ended up catching, and releasing about 30 bass between three of us in 2.5 hours. It was by far the most fish, 8, I have ever caught. A friends farm/ranch in Montgomery County was showing signs of deer as well, we spooked an 8 pointer in a bean field that looked promising. Can't wait for the season.....

·
Under appreciated
92,601 Posts
BTH.. good picture.. looks like a motley crew and it looks like you are about to fall over!! j/k

Nicholas.. where did you fish today sir?

·
Under appreciated
92,601 Posts
Originally posted by rat

Nicholas.. where did you fish today sir?
ok.. nevermind. I failed to see the location in your post. :bangin:

·
Under appreciated
92,601 Posts
Reb.. duct tape a big frilly pillow on your shoulder next time! :sniper:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.