Possible Heartbreak Avoided

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Judah, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    I decided to take a few shots before going out the other night and the tubing on my peep sight pulled off with the first draw of my bow. :eek:

Never had that happen. The tubing was worn out and cracked. Glad I took some shots before going out cause surely I would have had a chance at a bruiser and had my peep fail me otherwise.

2. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Mine broke when shooting that dink I shot Monday.

3. stlwolf

stlwolf New Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Warren County
    I had that happen ONCE when I was practicing, now for the past 4 yrs I have been using Fletcher peep or G5 meta peep....no more tube....its faster and quieter as well and my peep always lines up with my eye.

4. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    No need for the tubing with modern bows. Get rid of it.

5. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I had that happen once too, and I switched to one of these;

[file]147839[/file]

6. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    Nother vote for trashin the tubing. Do it now before the 2nd part of season.

7. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Get a G5 meta peep installed and don't look back. The strings that come with todays bows are very low stretch and setting tubeless peep is easy as pie.:cheers:

8. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    Another vote for the G5 Meta Peep! Work great and also seem to be quieter than the rubber slapping when you release. Chris

9. Radar

Radar Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Liberty , Mo.
    [rquote=1893919&tid=131893&author=ccso640] Another vote for the G5 Meta Peep! Work great and also seem to be quieter than the rubber slapping when you release. Chris[/rquote]
    Ditto . Best peep sight made . No need for tubing with a good quality string . They rotate into position every time once a string is broke in good .