Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know where i can get some plans
for a portable shooting bench for p doggin?
i would like it to be collapsable, and for not a lot
of $$$$$.
thanks

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
I'll bet you can ask on one of these forums, and they'll bend over backwards to help. Good bunch over there at the first place, anyway!

www.varminthunters.com

www.predatormasters.com

It seems to me that someone posted a question about that, within the last week or so, so it might be a page or two back on PM, or seven or eight pages back on GGVG. There's a guy in Marshall who used to make and sell them, too, Gary Hardison, I don't know if he still does that, or not. He's a nice guy, he might be able to help. If bucks were no object, the BR Pivot is the top-of-the-line, best design of the bunch. If you're handy, you could probably make a reasonable facsimile, I'll get you a link to that website. Rick, the owner, is a friend of ours on the .204 forum, and a member over there, too. Nice guy.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
www.varmintmasters.net

I think this is it, it's the addy I have, anyway. Hope this helps. Actually, you can cobble something together pretty easily, and all you really need is some folding table legs and a top, but these pics should help you get an idea of how you want to build one, the rotating "turret" of the BR Pivot, (and the rip-off copies) are the real cat's a## of PD benches.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks glenn.
my buddy that i am going with has a small bench he put
together with folding legs, it works but kind of "wiggely"
i'm thinking of cutting the top out of 3/4 plywood then
putting it on some removeable steel tube legs that are
set screwed into some larger tubing.
not sure how rigid it would be but it would be cheap.
gonna check out your sites first though.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
Our first two trips, we took some homemade benches that were more wobbly than Dudley Moore in "Arthur". They worked well enough, even for us. The thing to remember is to make sure to make them offset a little, like a bench at the range, and make sure they are long enough for your setup, I use a bipod on the rifle, and it's tough to find a bench long enough for that. A three-legged bench usually sits a little better than a 4 legger, too, they adapt to the ground better. Have fun, and good luck!
Oh yes, the setup you describe is a fine way to go, too. I'd put two legs up front, and one in the back, and have scads of fun with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.