Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several areas I want to deer hunt that are in the river bottoms. They are either willow or small maple thickets that lack any tree suitable for a treestand.

What's your opinion on those popup blinds versus a tripod stand? I know the popups work great for turkeys, but what little experience I have with deer suggests they are pretty leary of them. Perhaps if one was setup a month or two before hunting it.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,226 Posts
I've used popups on spur of the moment and haven't had the issues with deer being leary, I know others have. I've had deer walk within 15 feet of my popup I just put up. Now, none of these have been trophy deer, and that may make a difference.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
My son hunted out of a pop up the last couple years and hasn't had any problems. Last year we set it up a couple weeks early of season opener and brushed it in , again no monsters but plenty of doe and young bucks well within bow range.

No real experiences with the triopds.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've used one the same day I set it up and had plenty of deer come by, no monsters, but deer none the less. Brush it in and you will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.