Poor city folk

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by riverbottomhunter, Nov 11, 2010.

1. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    As I drove though our county today I observed numerous shiny pickups with camper shells, most pulling trailers with atv's, large white coolers, bbq grills and deer stands. 90% of the people driving the trucks were dressed in either camo or hunter orange. At first I was laughing at all the weekend warriors migrating my way, then I began to think.

I actually began to feel sorry for these guys.

Anytime I want I can hope on my atv and go for a ride, kick back in the yard with the bbq grill going and drink a beer, stand in my back yard and shoot a gun or just drive around and enjoy nature. Heck, I even got to wear camo in my wedding.

You city folk only get to do this every now and then, mostly just at your "deer camps".

So while you are in my next of the woods enjoy your self but remember 1 thing. Better behave yourself cause we got plenty of room for you at our county bed and breakfast :D

2. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    [rquote=1892135&tid=131794&author=riverbottomhunter]As I drove though our county today I observed numerous shiny pickups with camper shells, most pulling trailers with atv's, large white coolers, bbq grills and deer stands. 90% of the people driving the trucks were dressed in either camo or hunter orange. At first I was laughing at all the weekend warriors migrating my way, then I began to think.

Anytime I want I can hope on my atv and go for a ride, kick back in the yard with the bbq grill going and drink a beer, stand in my back yard and shoot a gun or just drive around and enjoy nature. Heck, I even got to wear camo in my wedding.

You city folk only get to do this every now and then, mostly just at your "deer camps".

So while you are in my next of the woods enjoy your self but remember 1 thing. Better behave yourself cause we got plenty of room for you at our county bed and breakfast :D[/rquote]

Yea our County Bed and Breakfast Has Pink Rooms with Blue Teddy Bears the Keeper has a sense of humor. :hysterical:

oneshot
    :D No Big Grins there.

3. txcobowhunter

txcobowhunter Deer Gear Collecter

Oct 5, 2008
    Texas County
    :cheers: Well put!!! :cheers: (And people say we have no "conviences" in the country.

4. Rounder

Rounder New Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Fenton, MO
    [rquote=1892135&tid=131794&author=riverbottomhunter]As I drove though our county today I observed numerous shiny pickups with camper shells, most pulling trailers with atv's, large white coolers, bbq grills and deer stands. 90% of the people driving the trucks were dressed in either camo or hunter orange. At first I was laughing at all the weekend warriors migrating my way, then I began to think.

So while you are in my next of the woods enjoy your self but remember 1 thing. Better behave yourself cause we got plenty of room for you at our county bed and breakfast :D[/rquote]

We city slickers are able to bbq and drink beer, but I'm sure yall country boys think you can do that better too. Instead of laughing and making fun of these "weekend warriors", why don't you stop at your local establishment and welcome them to your town. I love the dirty looks that I get in small towns because I don't live there. Some country folk treat people like their from a 3rd world country. I choose to work and raise my family in a city, but I have grown up in the woods hunting every chance I get just like you. Good luck this weekend. :cheers:

5. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    :rof2:gots to love the cidiots, they r movin I'n on us too! Monday opener for us!:rof2:

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Sounds like profiling to me. :D

7. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I just want to say, we are all hunters. I don't give a rat's butt where you are from, as long as you play by the rules of fair chase, and respect your brother hunters.:grouphug:

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1892205&tid=131794&author=callaojoe]I just want to say, we are all hunters. I don't give a rat's butt where you are from, as long as you play by the rules of fair chase, and respect your brother hunters.:grouphug:[/rquote]

Good sentiment anyway.

I'm afraid the city-hunter stigma will not go away.
    I even hear some folks that live in the city complain about city hunters. :hysterical:

9. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    "Real" country folks probably don't have the internet.:wave:

10. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    [rquote=1892208&tid=131794&author=rat][rquote=1892205&tid=131794&author=callaojoe]I just want to say, we are all hunters. I don't give a rat's butt where you are from, as long as you play by the rules of fair chase, and respect your brother hunters.:grouphug:[/rquote]

Good sentiment anyway.

I'm afraid the city-hunter stigma will not go away.
    I even hear some folks that live in the city complain about city hunters. :hysterical:[/rquote]

Only complaints I have with you. you city guy. is the way your stinkers REALLY stink............ :grouphug::grouphug::whistle::whistle::stirpot::scared::scared:

Sure hope this passes the admins smell test......... :rof2::rof2::rof2::cheers::cheers::whistle::whistle::bowing:

11. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    whats the matter ? fraid you're gonna have to share "your" deer ? :stirpot::boohoo::blah::blah::D

12. jakesdad

jakesdad New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    palmyra
    Love the friday before walmart crowd from the city.carts loaded with camo,orange,stands,the whole nine yards.we dont have any trouble with the city folks;guess we're to close to "town" for the huntin to be any good.that being said,i do know several "city boys" i'd share the woods with gladly.and there are several "good ole boys" that make me nervous knowing they are even in the same county.Like was stated earlier,you obey the law,have fun,and dont bother anybody else,i dont care where you call home.

13. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

Well, I gotta say, this whole city hunter v. country hunter debate is getting tired and played out. I know it is all in good fun (at least, it should be), but come on, what is this, the third or fourth thread this week on the topic? I say we get back to sharing pictures of deer, hunts, strategies, etc. We all know there are just as many poachers, bad hunters, and unethical hunters that come from the "country" as come from the "city." On that note, I've got to go load up my shiny pickup and cooler full of beer for the weekend. Good luck to you and yours.

14. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Ha ha you guy gotta me the city folk up here! Michigan banned baiting here 3 years ago the dummies still bait and sit on the main trail to the swamp, mind you when we hunt the swamp on Tuesday, we will walk out at 5:30 am (3/8 mile)and be all settled in and quiet in the woods when we hear them all pull up at 6:30, crash and bang with spot lights blazing in every tree they thought they heard something move in.
    6:45 they will just be starting to quiet down and mind u they traveled about 300 yds into trail and won't enter swamp. Most of us locals will shoot at first light and what runs off they will unload their guns on. Then about 8 am they will get up start walking around....oh yeah legal shooting time is 6:53.... C y we call'em cidiots!
    Last year the second day of gun season we filled 2 walmart plastic bags with garbage that they left in ground blinds and on the trail!:mad2:

I just predict this cause it's the same every year!'

15. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    To clarify I will say: Yes there are true Hunters, from the city, cause I know a few! But for some reason "woods and water magazine" the area we hunt is highlighted as a deer hotspot!:soapbox:

16. I'm tired of hearing gunshots already. There's a big camp down the road. Nothing like watching the traffic on 67 the few days before the rifle opener. Every orange hat, camper, and 4 wheeler in stl headed south.

17. Whatever chad ill go 55 instead :D

18. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    funny story, and i am far from a city boy. couple years back while in an small town up in the northwest corner of kansas pheasant killin, we were leaving a local diner after eating breakfast when i hear a conversation between a table talking about how out of staters kill all the pheasants, nothing but drunken road hunters and probably couldn't see a pheasant because we would be drunk by noon. i understand their issues but still had to have some fun. next morning the same group is there so as we walk by i slapped my buddy on the back and starting laughing asking if he thought that cow would be okay i accidently shot yesterday after missing the pheasant. i was to drunk to tell if i got a good shot on her or not. old boy just put a crap eating grin on as we left.:D good people up there, can't blame them for bein that way with the stuff they have to see

19. Be quicker for ya.
    [rquote=1892331&tid=131794&author=greenheadsmoker]Whatever chad ill go 55 instead :D [/rquote]

20. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    [rquote=1892200&tid=131794&author=rat]Sounds like profiling to me. :D[/rquote]

And profilin' is wroongggg.:D