Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
You'd think people would learn... man, thats sad.

·
Registered
32,769 Posts
Did anyone notice the reporter said "what Henry noticed" but then the graphic says Howard?

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[rquote=1528059&tid=106515&author=Reflex]Did anyone notice the reporter said "what Henry noticed" but then the graphic says Howard?[/rquote]

I didn't tell you just pointed it out...but you're right.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
obviously a bad shot, but why does it have to be poaching? I am no mule deer expert, but I believe tey sometimes migrate down off the mountains once the snow starts piling up. Veryt poor and unimformed media coverage.

G

·
Is there any text on this story or just the video ???

The reason that I ask is that I am on dial up and it will take me forever to load this video

:cheers:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,223 Posts
Looks like a field point on that arrow. Doesn't look like a broadhead.

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
[rquote=1528072&tid=106515&author=20 feet high]obviously a bad shot, but why does it have to be poaching? I am no mule deer expert, but I believe tey sometimes migrate down off the mountains once the snow starts piling up. Veryt poor and unimformed media coverage.[/rquote]
Heck, it was a warden that called it poaching wasnt it?
I'll have to go look again.

My guess is that it was shot in an urban area that doesnt allow hunting.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
How do they know it was an attempt to poach? I sure couldn't tell by lookin at the picture how long the arrow had been in the deer. It may have been poor shot selection , or even an accidental hit, but poaching attempt seems to be taking alot of liberties.

I don't care for head shots either,,,especially with a bow, just trying to make a point about how little info they seem to have to back up their theories.

:cheers::cheers:

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1528078&tid=106515&author=rat][rquote=1528072&tid=106515&author=20 feet high]obviously a bad shot, but why does it have to be poaching? I am no mule deer expert, but I believe tey sometimes migrate down off the mountains once the snow starts piling up. Veryt poor and unimformed media coverage.[/rquote]

My guess is that it was shot in an urban area that doesnt allow hunting.[/rquote]

agreed on that urban no hunting. I would think that is a fairly unique arrow and the culprit could be identified by a peer!

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
[rquote=1528084&tid=106515&author=20 feet high][rquote=1528078&tid=106515&author=rat][rquote=1528072&tid=106515&author=20 feet high]obviously a bad shot, but why does it have to be poaching? I am no mule deer expert, but I believe tey sometimes migrate down off the mountains once the snow starts piling up. Veryt poor and unimformed media coverage.[/rquote]

My guess is that it was shot in an urban area that doesnt allow hunting.[/rquote]

agreed on that urban no hunting. I would think that is a fairly unique arrow and the culprit could be identified by a peer![/rquote]
You know, I thought the exact same thing.
Looks like an older fibreglass arrow to me... they should be able to get some leads from someone you'd think.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Cant view the video at work, but from all your responses it sounds like a video of a deer in city limits somewhere with an arrow in its head.
Just from that I cant see why it is necessarily poor shot placement, or poaching. May have been poor shot as in, could happen to anyone when you dont see that tiny litle twig and the arrow deflects.
:confused:

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
[rquote=1528093&tid=106515&author=tjmstng68]Cant view the video at work, but from all your responses it sounds like a video of a deer in city limits somewhere with an arrow in its head.
Just from that I cant see why it is necessarily poor shot placement, or poaching. May have been poor shot as in, could happen to anyone when you dont see that tiny litle twig and the arrow deflects.
:confused:[/rquote]
The video shows them directly in someones back yard, just off the deck.
It looks like urban deer who are accustomed to being around people.
I bet someon tried to shoot it while it was in their back yard or something... just a guess on my part, thats all.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I thought mulies covered more territory than whitetails. I am also pretty sure they have alot of deer and elk out west that move into and around towns for the food supply that is there for winter survival. Unless that buck is equiped with an odometer,, no one has any idea how far he traveled to get to where the pic was taken,,or no way of knowing if he packed the arrow with him. Since it doesn't interfear with his ability to eat or drink, I'm assuming he's walkin alright too.:D

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Another point would be the area around the arrow shows no blood or drainage, that might be an indicator the wound is old. (.02)

·
Under appreciated
91,805 Posts
[rquote=1528111&tid=106515&author=henry] I thought mulies covered more territory than whitetails. I am also pretty sure they have alot of deer and elk out west that move into and around towns for the food supply that is there for winter survival. Unless that buck is equiped with an odometer,, no one has any idea how far he traveled to get to where the pic was taken,,or no way of knowing if he packed the arrow with him. Since it doesn't interfear with his ability to eat or drink, I'm assuming he's walkin alright too.:D

:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

He's obviously a vagabond, thats for sure. No telling where he's been or what kindof company he keeps. :D:D

One things for sure... he needs new friends. :wave:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.