Poll for you MMA Fans

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by cfdjay, May 28, 2009.

1. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    What discipline do you feel is the most advantageous or important to have as a base or background to be a better success in MMA.

I vote Wrestling but then again, I'm biased. ;)

2. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    A wrestling background is definitely a very good thing and ahead of all others but I think a combination of boxing and wrestling would be the best.

3. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    duck watchin.....:cheers:

:peepwall:

4. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    [rquote=1277958&tid=89428&author=blevely]A wrestling background is definitely a very good thing and ahead of all others but I think a combination of boxing and wrestling would be the best.[/rquote]

Can only pick one. (Thats what I meant for the purpose of the thread) :thinking:

5. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Have to go with wrestling as well

6. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    i say boxing, if your punching somebody in the face there not doing nothing but backing up or going down, a great offense is better than any defense

7. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
  8. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Heart can still can your butt whooped:D

9. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    no question about it....but I'll pick the obvious..they need to be well rounded in all disciplines.

blev, when you are done with school, how many hours a day do you figure you'll train?

10. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    2 to 3

Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday when it's not deer season, gots to have my priorities in order.:D

11. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    [rquote=1277977&tid=89428&author=marshallgrn]i say boxing, if your punching somebody in the face there not doing nothing but backing up or going down, a great offense is better than any defense[/rquote]

+1 Hit or be hit:cheers:

12. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    Since it's which I feel is most important,I went with boxing. Although I get tired of watching two guys box the entire match. It is MMA not boxing. Guess we could add another poll which do you enjoy watching more.

13. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    [rquote=1278592&tid=89428&author=TAB]Since it's which I feel is most important,I went with boxing. Although I get tired of watching two guys box the entire match. It is MMA not boxing. Guess we could add another poll which do you enjoy watching more.
    [/rquote]

Boxing... do they still do that? :bored: :wave:

14. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    [rquote=1278593&tid=89428&author=cfdjay][rquote=1278592&tid=89428&author=TAB]Since it's which I feel is most important,I went with boxing. Although I get tired of watching two guys box the entire match. It is MMA not boxing. Guess we could add another poll which do you enjoy watching more.
    [/rquote]

Boxing... do they still do that? :bored: :wave:[/rquote]

exactly! What I ment was I don't like to watch 2 guys toe to toe trading punches the entire fight. I like it mixed up. Ground n pound and Like watching the BJJ! :rock: