Police chief helps conservation agents

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by chaser, Nov 14, 2010.

1. chaser

chaser New Member

Since me and my nephew has been hunting on public land in St. Charles we got to know the chief, he is a real nice man stopping all the time and asking how we are doing and just talking in general, well today he"s talking to us for awhile and he looks down the road and there a hunter walking towards us and he says he looks like he don't have enough orange so he pulls down the road and talks to the guy and leaves. the guy comes up to us and says my huntings over with that agent says i can not go back into the woods because I don't have a orange hat on. that made us feel good knowing there is more than just conservation agents watching us hunter

The parking lot is right off of the road that he patrols and i would rather have him of coming by and stopping someone ffor not having the right clothing on instead of stopping because some one got shot for not having the right clothing
    on if he was called or not

2. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    That's a good thing!

4. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Just may have saved the guys life, to boot! :cheers:

5. Detrhoyt

Detrhoyt Horny D

Oct 26, 2008
    Work
    Police should stick to police business. Sure hope nobody had their house robbed while that chief was sticking his nose where he ain't paid to stick it.

6. Modeerhunter

Modeerhunter New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Gasconade County
    I'd have gave the guy my spare orange hat so he could keep hunting. :wave:

7. Turkeyhunter11

Turkeyhunter11 New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    [rquote=1896347&tid=132103&author=Detrhoyt]Police should stick to police business. Sure hope nobody had their house robbed while that chief was sticking his nose where he ain't paid to stick it.[/rquote]

:cheers: amen

8. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    If the event occurred within his jurisdiction then he IS doing his job - looking out for the safety of the citizens within that area. He also has the authority to write the same tickets or make arrest as the conservation agent within his area. Conservation laws are just more state laws and any LE officer can do the same as an MDC Agent as long as the offense occurred within their jurisdiction.

9. Detrhoyt

Detrhoyt Horny D

Oct 26, 2008
    Work
    [rquote=1896457&tid=132103&author=MOGC]If the event occurred within his jurisdiction then he IS doing his job - looking out for the safety of the citizens within that area. He also has the authority to write the same tickets or make arrest as the conservation agent within his area. Conservation laws are just more state laws and any LE officer can do the same as an MDC Agent as long as the offense occurred within their jurisdiction.[/rquote]

Oh, if there were calls made, and he was the first to respond, then cool. But when the chief of police shows up to hunting areas during season, when it's likely the rest of the year he is shaking hands and kissing babies, it looks more like purposeful meddling to me. Perhaps in his heart of hearts he wishes he worked for the MDC?:thinking:

10. luckystrike63

luckystrike63 New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Your lack of respect for someone who risks his life to protect others for pennies is pathetic. And before you say, "he's the Chief, he doesn't go out on patrol or respond to calls," you don't just get to be Chief, you earn it. Get off your soap box and stop whining! Believe it or not, officers do care about your safety, but a couple of years of dealing with people like you, being under-appreciated and ridiculed by the punks you were sworn to protect gets old. I wish that people could permanently opt out of police protection, that would be interesting.

11. BioBuck

BioBuck Active Member

[rquote=1895965&tid=132103&author=Chairman]Just may have saved the guys life, to boot! :cheers:[/rquote]

No doubt! :cheers: