Polarized Glasses.....

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Gakic24, May 23, 2009.

1. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

What do you guys use???

2. ImADoeBuster

ImADoeBuster New Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Jefferson City
    Im not brand loyal but I also dont buy the cheapest polarized glasses either. My current ones have bi-focals for easier knot tying.

3. Gakic24

I got a pair of Costa DelMar's...........

4. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
  5. pops has a pair of hobbies and they are mighty nice if i do say so myself

6. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    I just use the strike king brand from wallyworld

7. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

Costa del mar They are pricey but they back them up with a great warranty and customer service
    :woot: and for flats fishing I can see waht the others don`t, I use the green mirror for shallow water

8. Gakic24

[rquote=1273211&tid=89137&author=CLIFFHANGER]Costa del mar They are pricey but they back them up with a great warranty and customer service
    :woot: and for flats fishing I can see waht the others don`t, I use the green mirror for shallow water[/rquote]

the green lenses were designed for cloudy days and the blue for sunny days....

green = amber lens

blue = black lens

I use to sell Costa, maui Jim, and Oakleys at Bass Pro.. :D

9. CLIFFHANGER

[rquote=1273221&tid=89137&author=Gakic24][rquote=1273211&tid=89137&author=CLIFFHANGER]Costa del mar They are pricey but they back them up with a great warranty and customer service
    :woot: and for flats fishing I can see waht the others don`t, I use the green mirror for shallow water[/rquote]

the green lenses were designed for cloudy days and the blue for sunny days....

green = amber lens I have Guided in south Florida on the flats for many years in my mind there`s none better

blue = black lens

I use to sell Costa, maui Jim, and Oakleys at Bass Pro.. :D[/rquote]

10. Gakic24

For what Bone Fish?

11. CLIFFHANGER

Bonefish, permit, Redfish, snook, tarpon spec trout what ever the target or targets were that day also ran a boat offshore and brother still does

If You would like to see his website I will send You a U2

12. Gakic24

Thats a heck of a flounder on his site...:cheers:

gotta love catching those spec's on poppin corks and shrimp!:eek::

13. CLIFFHANGER

[rquote=1273289&tid=89137&author=Gakic24]Thats a heck of a flounder on his site...:cheers:

gotta love catching those spec's on poppin corks and shrimp!:eek::[/rquote]

We use gulp and DOA! click on trip reports and take a tour:dancin:

14. Gakic24

Those are Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics!!!!!!!!!!

15. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Maui Jim are what I have now. I've had Oakleys before and Solar Batts but IMHO I love the Maui Jims the best:cheers:

16. Fla_Guy

Fla_Guy Active Member

Dec 13, 2005
    NC
    I use a pair of Field and Stream glasses I got at Sams Club pretty cheap. Had a pair of Vuarnet glasses that broke, a pair I lost, a pair of Ray Bans my brothers dog ate, so I decided to go cheaper. Love them!

17. Smith Optics. The same company that is well known for there snow/moto goggles. They are awesome and have a life time warrantee. I recently sent mine back becouse of a small scratch on the lense and the frames were worn. Got a brand new pair back! There is a good buddy of mine that carries them in Republic. Give me a holler if interested.

Nathan

18. kgdog

kgdog Senior Member

Brown lenses are the best esp for clear water ...maui jims are the bomb....ie walmarts doesnt carry them

19. BowtechIAN

BowtechIAN New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Columbia
    Maui Jims here too! Out of all that I have had they are my favorite.

20. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I use a pair of Renegade glasses from WalMart. This is the third pair I've had because I lost the other two pairs. I like the way they fit my head and the polarization seems really good. Hfff can vouch for that.

Maybe if I had a pair of expensive ones I'd take better care not to lose or break them. But I'm really hard on sunglasses and I'd just as soon buy 10 pairs of cheapies as I would one pair of expensive ones. 10 pairs of cheapies would last me a LONG time.