Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to a report from the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC), Ferguson has a history of violating state hunting regulations. In November 2001 Ferguson was caught possessing and transporting a deer illegally in Shannon County for which he was fined $155. On Dec. 11 last year, Ferguson was again cited for illegally possessing and transporting a deer on Brown Island in St. Charles County and was fined $100. Just two weeks later, Ferguson was charged with taking a deer out of season at the Little Indian Creek Conservation Area in Franklin County for which he received a $293 fine.

Full Story:http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...BA62C14C8298FDF7862571AC004ADB38?OpenDocument

Im sorry but getting caught one time and getting a fine I can understand. But why did it take 3 times getting caught for any action?

IMO the penalty was pretty laxed. I think 6 months in jail, and permanent suspension of hunting and fishing rights would have been the appropriate punishment. But then again Im a hard arse.

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
Originally posted by 90acres
I agree with you, the punishment needs to be more severe. If I was a betting man, I'd say for the three times he got caught, he didn't get caught for 10 times that.:behead:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by Pipe
if you take his priveledges away seems he could care less,didnt need one in the first place, I say a 5000 dollar fine and jail time
I think that will make a person think about it first at least.

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Third time?
At least a year in jail and a fine of 5000 per arrest!

·
Registered
7,519 Posts
Until we raise the fines in missouri, I mean really raise them, all that food plotting and qdma might very well go to waste with all those scum suckers cruising around!!!:sniper:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I agree. Higher fines plus jail time for every arrest.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Why is this a suprise? We have "repeat offender" crack whores, rapist, child molestors and murders walking the street among us because some
piece of sh!t judge or parole board let 'em loose.

Why not be just as outraged about that? :mad:

Frankly, this is just me, but I could care less about somebody killing a couple a deer outta season until we fix the bigger prollems.

My kids safety and welfare is a lot more important to me than that.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,375 Posts
DSG, you're right, but that's not what we are talking about. The above lack of penalty is a result of a failed system as a whole.

Of course I am more outraged at the lack of penalty for your mentioned offenses. But it is part and parcel of a much bigger problem and the fix will have to come from someone in elected status with a backbone to make it right. And I don't see much of that in our elected officials, especially judges.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by 90acres
DSG, you're right, but that's not what we are talking about. The above lack of penalty is a result of a failed system as a whole.
90a! I believe you just agreed with me but really were trying not too! ;) Don't worry though, that's happeneing all the more frequently lately! :)

My point was, until we get outraged about REALLy important things, trivial things like a couple a deer......well, you get it. :cheers:

·
Registered
13,325 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Why is this a suprise? We have "repeat offender" crack whores, rapist, child molestors and murders walking the street among us because some
piece of sh!t judge or parole board let 'em loose.

Why not be just as outraged about that? :mad:

Frankly, this is just me, but I could care less about somebody killing a couple a deer outta season until we fix the bigger prollems.

My kids safety and welfare is a lot more important to me than that.
Damn DSG you hit the nail on the head!! Violent criminals are a much bigger issue than someone who kills a deer and doesnt tag it. At least he got in trouble for illegal transport. At least he didnt shoot it and leave it. Id bet that at least twenty percent of the people who are getting all wound up in this post bust an extra deer or two a year. Ive noticed that most of the time the people who get all wound up about this stuff slip a deer to the house without tagging them now and again. Now dont start getting mad cause i aint accusing no-one. All im saying is DSG is exactly right. There are alot bigger issues than freakin out cause some hill jack is keeping his freezer full.

Just my opinion though.

chad:wink4:

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The article dealt with poaching whitetail deer...and since this is a Whitetail hunting forum I posted it here. Granted DSG you are right. There are bigger and worse things out there, I just thought this to be pertinent info for the site.;)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
fastcam.......I don't recall saying that this was an inapproriate post for MWT or for this section.

If you could point out where I did I'd be glad to recant my position.

I commented on the outcrys at the leniency, that's it.

It's an open forum. If you'd like for me to keep my comments to myself, by all means, just let me know. I'll be glad to oblige!
When H3LL freezes over! :D

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
fastcam.......I don't recall saying that this was an inapproriate post for MWT or for this section.

If you could point out where I did I'd be glad to recant my position.

I commented on the outcrys at the leniency, that's it.

It's an open forum. If you'd like for me to keep my comments to myself, by all means, just let me know. I'll be glad to oblige!
When H3LL freezes over! :D
Not what I meant at all DSG. Just seemed to me you may have downplayed the improtance of the article in comparison to other crimes.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I just think DSG is keeping it in perspective and I agree 100%. As much as we would all like to see the guy get some jail time, it aint gonna happen until more serious crimes are dealt with in a more serious manner. Of course, if that were ever to happen, then there wouldnt be any room in the jails for a poacher because they would then be full and overflowing with the rapists, murders, thieves and drug dealers. I think a higher fine and maybe a heck of a lot of community service would be the best answer for this guy.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,375 Posts
DSG, keep his comments to himself? :hysterical::hysterical: Is that possible?

You're right, I was agreeing with you, sometimes it just happens when I least expect it.

I think BP may be on to something, community service would probably affect this fella more than anything. Cleaning toilets and picking up trash in the local parks.:cool3:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.