Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about ready to finish up the Cabin, but have a few things to re-work, or install, questions:

1. Will this water pump work for the attached setup? Water Pump Link - Click Here This pump is inexpensive, and looks to be able to do the job. Trying to save a few dollars. Home Depot shallow well pump = $220 vs $69.

2. I used galvanized covered electrical wire for inside the cabin, forget the name of it....? Anyway, when I turn on the lights, the light switch is hot or active, thus giving a shock. Do I have a connection/wire inside the box that's touching the galvanized side walls, thus making it give a shock? That's the only thing I can think it would be? I have several of these, and I need to re-wire if that's the problem?

3. Electric tankless Point-of-Use water heater versus a water heater with a 9 gallon or 20 gallon tank? Electric Point-Of-Use Water Heater Link - Click Here Less Space, and most likely only running a single item at time, sink, shower, etc...?

[file]7352[/file]

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
best way to find out if its a bad switch or a short would be turning the power off and and check the wire to ground with an ohm meter,is this generator power or reg electricity,do you have a good ground to box at the main,if it is a short and you have a good ground it should of tripped the breaker, then I say a bad switch,I am guessing you used greenfield
,you should install plastic wire insulaters at all terminations at boxes to prevent the metal rubbing the wire later down the road or cutting into it when in stalled

on the pump how many foot of head are you needing, length and hiegth of piping ??

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pipe, I have a good ground, and it's direct electricity. When you say insulators, the plastic twist on connectors? I used Clad Armoured Wire.

From the Water Tank to the pump inside, 24'. From the pump to the pressure tank, heater and appliances, no more than 20'. All appliances on the first floor, no second floor. Grade from 300 gal water tank to the Cabin is about 12' max.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
I just meant little plastic pieces that insulates where the end of the metal cut edge insulates it where the wires come out of your conduit

sounds like a bad switch to me but I have been wrong before,did you ground the switch to the box or ground wire from main box,if you didnt thats why your getting shocked instead of tripping the breaker,you become the ground,if thats the case then replace the switch and ground all switches,that keeps you from being the tester

·
Registered
786 Posts
Where is your cabin located? If I'm in the area I could have a look for you at the electrical system. Could be 1 wire reversed somewhere in the circuit and it would shock you at the switch, or like pipe mentioned you need a good ground at the main panel. Let me know if I can help.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I live in Higbee and come to moberly on a regular basis . I am an electrician by trade . It would bea small thing for me to run out to your place and give a hand . I wouldn't want to hazard a guess without actually looking at it . The consiquences are to serious . u2u me with directions and a time to meet if you want . Getting a shock from your electrical stystem is not something you want to play around with .

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
That's what is great about this site. A lot of helpful people that will drop everything to lend a hand.
:dancin::dancin::dancin:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No kidding Hayzer, help is good!

MoBigger is right, I'm getting tired of getting shocked everytime I flip a switch and at the same time touch the screws to the plastic face plate. Sucks!!

Roscoe, are you going to the Get Together?

I may be out there before the Get Together, in that case, I'll shoot you an email MoBigger. If not, then I'll make a trip, or corrdinate a short trip that weekend prior or during the get together. Maybe early morning, or on Friday before arriving at the get together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.