Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in to orschelen this afternoon and they had a pallet load of Plot spike foraged oats (50lbs) bags for $19.99 a bag. Bag said Drought resistant and highly palatable, wondering if anybody has ever planted these oats and if so what was the results. I guess if nobody has I will most likely be the guinea pig! :rotfl:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
If you try them,,,why not do a side by side comparison? Plant half the plot in those and the other half in plain old bin run oats like you would feed your horse,,,and tell us what the difference in growth and deer usage is.

(we would all like to learn on your $$)

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
We did side by side last year of bin oats and buck forage oats..first of all with the mast last year, it probably wasnt a good year for comparisons.
The bin common oats headed out earlier and created seeds much faster than the BFO. The buck forage oats put out a lot more forage but both were consumed in equal amounts especially in Dec and Jan.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I don't have much to add - just wanted to say I was surprised my bob oats made it through the winter. I expected them to be frost killed. Like all my food plots last year - deer just never hit them real hard.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok henry I will do the side by side comparison and save u some money! Just remember when I come pick up my clover from u pretty soon your gonna have to knock a little off the top for field testing results!:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.