Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Plot Disc

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  riverbottomhunter 
#1 ·
So, I was pondering my need for a plot disk...I dont want a tractor sized one and the ATV ones ive looked at just look so cheap and cost so much...

So who has an ATV disc, what brand, how do you like it, and would you buy one like it again...Looks like KingKutter may be the best made to me but want to hear from y'all

#2 ·
Here\'s what I use

I posted this over at QDMA for you also.

Look for an old horse drawn disc. I bought mine for $125 last summer. I've seen them at auctions for as little as $50. You've seen my plot pics. I worked 13 acres with mine this summer. It's super easy to adjust the amount of angle & pressure. I added about 250-300# of weight & she does a great job.

If you want, I'll keep my eyes open for one. It's not that far from Kirksville to where you are.

Attachments

#4 ·
I couldn't find a disc to use behind my 4-wheeler but I did find a spring harrow. It pulls easy and digs up as much dirt as you want to by lowering the tines deeper into the ground. Warning tho.....if you have rocks it will bring them to the top. I picked this one up just outside of Stover for $30. You can adjust the depth with the handle from one inch to 8+ inches. You can pull it from place to place just on the runners on the bottom just like a sled. I have two of them (one for reserve). No weight needed...just lower the tines as deep as you want. Here is a pic (a bit rusty but solid yet)

Attachments

#5 ·
I use a Tufline Disc. It's 492 lbs. 3" tube steel?? It works great! And digs very deep. I got a great deal on mine, and put new bolts on, as well as painted it black. Tufline was kind enough to send me stickers too.

I do now it's heavy!!!! My vote for Tufline = :eek:

Only set back, if purchased new they cost about $900.

Attachments

#9 ·
I've got one of those atv flip over disks and it actually works pretty good. You have to go over the ground several times but it sure is handy to get to those hard to reach areas that you can't get a tractor to. I think I paid $500 for it a couple of years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.