Please Pray

Discussion in 'Hunting With A Disability' started by oneshot 1, Sep 12, 2015.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Got a good friend Rustin Zimmerman, he has to have a Leg Braise, he has been doing extra work lately and standing on it more. He developed sores and infection, if he don't get this cleared up in a couple weeks he is going to have to be operated on.

He likes to Archery Hunt. I talked with his Dad he said the only thing they can do is push him in Wheelchair into the woods. I know many of you know all about doing this but this is new for him.

oneshot

:D Rustin likes the Big Grin.

2. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Hope they can get it cleared up and avoid an operation. I'd suggest they try using a UTV or a truck to get him as close to his stand as possible rather than try to push a wheelchair very far on rough ground. That's what MDS does wherever practical.

3. Mrs. Venatic

Mrs. Venatic Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Florissant, MO
    Consider it done One Shot!

4. killmode

killmode Deplorable member

5. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

6. vonfatman

vonfatman Member

Dec 31, 2006
    Prayers sent for your friend.

Bob

7. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks

He is Old Order Mennonite not allowed to use anything with a engine plus where he goes is thick.

oneshot

8. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Ok before I was posting from my iPhone but now at home.

Rustin has been crippled all his life, I met him as a child 20 years ago. Helped him get his first Hand Pedaled Bicycle. He also has Horse and Wagon he gets around with.

This year he started his own Wood Shop, this is how he has rubbed a sore on his Leg with his Brace that got infected.

He has an Old Compound Bow he uses and has done well with it.

His Mom had a Horse lay on her as a young Girl, busted her up pretty bad. Was told she would never have children, besides Rustin she has had several which is a blessing.

Another thing about her is her Parents named their children using Letters of the Alphabet her name is Oleda and they had more after her. :eek:

oneshot

:D The Big Grin don't need Puppies.